Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An Old Holder with an Old Cent Inside

Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 6, 2019 2:43PM in U.S. Coin Forum

A new forum acquaintance and I have been exchanging photos and information on the many varieties of 1839 large cents recently.
This has forced me to dig into the vault and take some pictures.

Anyway I felt this one worthy to share with the forum. It’s the relatively ‘common’ N2, also known as the Head of ‘38, one of the five major designs that year.

Feel free to share your 1839 cents, of any variety!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it #65 in the box?

• Options

I’m guessing that was the lot number or something....

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D said:

I'm glad that was not the "commercial" grade!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love chocolate brown Large Cents!

Looks Great!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options

@Insider2 said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

I'm glad that was not the "commercial" grade!

Lol....since there is still some original red on the reverse, the EAC grade should be at least F12 😉

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love those old, small ANACS holders.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWallace said:
    I love those old, small ANACS holders.

The round top ANACS is so off puttlng that I don't even look at them.
    Probably a mistake, but the garish things are awful.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice old cent.... I have a couple, but they are raw....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice cent, grade, and holder.

I also rarely look at the newer ANACS holders as they remind me of a tacky plastic toddler race car bed.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the looks of that. the old anacs is pretty good to

• Options

@ricko said:
    Nice old cent.... I have a couple, but they are raw....Cheers, RickO

I have a couple raw ones too, about 90 or so 😬
    I didn’t even like large cents until I had to find nice examples for my 7070. Then the copper bug bit, and hard!

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the big copper cent bug before I started my 7070... the OP's piece is amazing!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have a 39. I do have one cent in two old holders.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin is real nice for 58.

• Options

Full credit, DNADave, those are gorgeous!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file