Home Sports Talk
Options

tonight's game is my super bowl

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 5, 2019 4:35AM in Sports Talk

unless you've been a displaced Bears fan surrounded by insufferable DC schizoids for 4+ decades, you can't possibly comprehend the importance of tonight's outcome.

so let's kickstart this glorious day properly with some Crüe

https://youtu.be/4pdQnZLEWNo

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad that Snyder didn't fold and kept the Skins name. B)

Enjoy the halftime show.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha GO D’Bears! 👍

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, I love the Crue. I can't wait for some Thursday night football. I've got my beer and pretzels. I'm ready to take a ride on the "wildside". ;)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Oh yeah, I love the Crue.

Me too :D

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Haha GO D’Bears! 👍

Traitor! B)

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought thanksgiving was your Super Bowl?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:
    Haha GO D’Bears! 👍

Traitor! B)

Honestly Jon for some reason I thought they were playing the Rams 🤷‍♂️ I don’t hate D’Bears and I like Galaxy and You so I will say I hope it’s a good game!

• Options

Cowboys by 3 touches! :oB)

• Options

will mitch trubisky play like vince neil now sings

that's the pressing question

• Options

I personally emailed Garrett to remind him to always have someone blocking the Mack truck on the Bears defense. I don't know if he got my email. Heck I don't even know if he will be awake for the game or not. :/

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s official.

The Fox announcers have joined @DIMEMAN in his quest to get Garrett canned. They say he has lots of talent and has done little with it.

The ‘Boys are wearing their “lucky” blue jerseys tonight ... just saying.

As for a replacement for Garrett, Doug Peterson might well be available. He has won a Super Bowl.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

This is the ABSOLUTE worst defense I have seen ALL year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mother could play better and she is 95 in a WALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@BillJones said:
    It’s official.

The Fox announcers have joined @DIMEMAN in his quest to get Garrett canned. They say he has lots of talent and has done little with it.

The ‘Boys are wearing their “lucky” blue jerseys tonight ... just saying.

As for a replacement for Garrett, Doug Peterson might well be available. He has won a Super Bowl.

No interest at all in Peterson. Maybe the guy from Carolina.

• Options

This is beyond embarrassing!!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    This is the ABSOLUTE worst defense I have seen ALL year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mother could play better and she is 95 in a WALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that’s the problem. Garrett forgot to bring the Cowboy’s walkers.

Don’t worry. They will have them for the Philadelphia game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

there will always be room on the Bears' wagon for 95-yr-old momma dime if she wants to hang out with winners.

• Options

Still can’t get over the Bears D

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Garrett certainly should have more success with these players, lots of ProBowlers on there. Prescott has had some moments against below average teams, but i’m not seeing a top level QB from this guy. He is certainly not worth 40 million/yr.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Garrett certainly should have more success with these players, lots of ProBowlers on there. Prescott has had some moments against below average teams, but i’m not seeing a top level QB from this guy. He is certainly not worth 40 million/yr.

I bet he gets paid close to it, the insanity with these contracts is not going away

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

The contract numbers are dizzying. In college the 3rd tier coaches get $3,000,000.

Even worse is the buyouts. It will cost ten million bucks to get rid of Kevin Sumlin.

That is $250 per student. Buys a lot of subway sandwiches.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:

Couldn't agree more! They keep going on how he is the top rated QB in the League. REALLY....why are we 6-7 then. All these stat numbers don't mean squat. Give me wins....that's what counts. Prescott is about to get on my Romo list! He does not want to get there!!!