Home Metal Detecting

November Totals

November brought me another first.
My first 2 cent piece. 1864 plus there was an 1865 Indian sharing the hole.

Cents.......120
Nickels.......12
Dimes.........46
Quarters.....48

Total...$18.40

2 cents 1864
IHC 1865
7 Wheaties

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... You guys are killing it... Well, between Sunday and Monday, we have about 18 inches of new snow on the ground... I would say MD season is officially over in this area :D Though I stopped a while ago... Cache hunting in the mountains gets really cold early....Cheers, RickO

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

32 silvers in one month B)B) That is one heck of a month and Dock has a 2Cent piece and an IHC I have walnuts :)
    But I did get out 3 times

Cents---------43
    Nickels--------5
    Dimes---------23
    Quarters-----29

Total Face Value----$10.23

Next question--Are there going to be any Hockey Pucks this year??

@pocketpiececommems ....Nice total for only three hunts.... and what was your walnut total for the year?? Cheers, RickO

@pocketpiececommems ....Wow... Thanks... that is a lot of walnuts....and a lot of work. Cheers, RickO

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Next question--Are there going to be any Hockey Pucks this year??

It’s not looking good for the puck harvest this year. Our winter has been very mild by usual standards. There have been very few days that the pond was frozen and none with the usual puck eating snow piles.

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Walked the pond today and harvested 8 pucks. More than I expected.

Not a good year for the ice sports.... The Esopus Creek, here in town, usually freezes over solid... there is a lot of ice fishing then.... also used to be a lot of skating, but now there is an indoor skating rink...This year, it did not freeze over...and only a bit in shallow areas...saw no ice fishing. Cheers, RickO