Home Precious Metals
Options

Precious metals awareness poll

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think there is even 1 out of 1,000 nationwide that can even comprehend how gold can function for privacy and convertiblity?
B)

Precious metals awareness poll

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, the sheep can't even figure out they are currently controlled by the Russians. Although ironically the Russians love gold. Time for dancing with the stars. Semper Fi!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The vast majority just move from day to day...Often termed 'sheeple'.... They believe all will be fine and life it is just a bowl of cherries...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Anyone who owns a gold ring or necklace knows it can be converted into cash. Thats way more than 1 in 1000.

I'm still amazed that nobody has come out with 24K rings in exact fractional ounce weights and sealed in a container.
    :)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say not even that many, and remember this .............candy bar or 1/10 oz AGE :)

https://youtu.be/BgUxF7gvYeE

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree if the guy on the street was holding a gold chain or ring instead of a coin or bar more people would take the chain instead of a snickers. I think a good number of those people are just more worried they will be made to look foolish and take the item they know the actual value. However small it may be. Thinking it’s some kind of trick. But knowing that they can convert a gold chain into cash doesn’t really equate to knowing the value of owning precious metals. Most also know they can convert their tv or old vacuum cleaner to cash at a pawn shop or yard sale too.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I use to travel over seas back in the day. 5 continents, almost 6 ( I was in the territory of the Antarctic) but that doesn't count because I didn't get off the boat. hehe. Anyway from my point of view, the citizens of most "other countries" were much more serious and aware when the subject of Gold came up. My belief is that there is a much longer history tied to the precious metals out side the US. Just my observation of a mid century modern Man. :)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    selling3selling3 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 8:26PM

:)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is money....It has been said many times....It converts quickly when needed, in all it's forms. Not saying one always gets full value - especially for jewelry...but one will get cash or exchange goods. Cheers, RickO