Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting looks like the youngnnz are taking advantage of the BOTS!

without bots, some buyers say they'd never have a shot at some hard-to-get items.
    "A lot of it is bot vs bot," said Eric R., a 20-year-old computer science student, who requested his last name be withheld for privacy reasons. He uses bots to quickly buy scarce sneakers and resell them for a profit. He plans to use the money to help pay for school.
    "If you're 50 milliseconds faster, then you can get all of the stuff," he said.
    This year he's gearing up his bots to try to purchase limited edition all-black Yeezy sneakers sold by Adidas in collaboration with rapper-designer Kanye West. They retail for $220, but he hopes to sell them for as much as $400 on a third-party site.
    Despite the technological advantages, he says even human shoppers can still beat bots.
    "Be persistent. A lot of times stores will crash if a lot of bots attack. You just have to get lucky."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I should learn about bots and how to make/employ them....Oh well, life would be boring if I stopped learning.... ;) Though my wife sometimes says "Will you never learn?" :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no...be on the lookout for RickbOt- Cheers! @ricko

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file