Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.....even if you don't celebrate the U.S. Holiday.

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

I'm spending the holiday buying pieces out of three estates in online auctions.

Two days down and two days left after today and I've hit budget. So it's only made sense to keep going and worry about the bill later (kinda..)

I am so happy with all these coins and bars. The three former collectors had some very specific tastes to my own and there's overlap between the collections on types or tones or years/series etc.

I've built my own little piece of heaven out of those sets and there's so much left but I'll never have the chance again. I know if I pass on some of these coins I'll pay 10x as much and wouldn't be able to find them all again if I had 10x the time.

I hope the profits from their sale helps out the families of the deceased. They really did like some wonderful and particular types of coins that not everybody does.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy thanksgiving.

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@Azurescens - sounds like you're having a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!! Can't wait to see the pics of all your conquests! Sometimes you have to blow the budget. It's ok, as long as you can afford it in the long run! Happy hunting, and good luck the rest of the way!!! And, when you're all done, I really wanna see what you ended up with!!!

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha my man, I very much appreciate your support! They're not thousand+ dollar coins or anything - I was gonna buy a few ounces of gold and stumbled across the estates in my search. It makes much more sense to me to buy a big lot of coins that I can sell over a couple ounce rounds.

I just spent the last few months driving thousands of miles and hiking coasts and mountains. I deserve to go wild every now and again. ;-)

These weren't part of the estates but I feel bad not being able to share the others until the auctions are done. I like old copper and these are the highest grade Indian cents I've ever owned.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Just enjoying my turkey coma. Had a day of great food, great wine and quality family time. I’m off of work until Monday now so I will take some time over the long weekend to go through some coins that have been on my desk for a couple of weeks.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving... a day later....I had a great day and hope all y'all did as well...A chilly (27 degrees) but sunny day here....Now what kind of adventure is in store for me today? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2019 8:54PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file