Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Enchanced Reverse Proof 19XE Winner! For the participants of "GIVE-a-GIFT" for Paradisefound ~

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2, 2019 8:56AM in U.S. Coin Forum

For participants in "GIVE-a-Gift" for Paradisefound thread dated 9/1/2018 :) plus @Kkathyl @Regulated @spacehayduke who are equally generous over the years

updated 11/28
Due to the degree of disappointment upon the launch .... in the bucket are those who are yet to obtain one

This group of wonderful collectors made me so very HAPPY ..... Forever Happy with the gesture shown among strangers collectors alike in CU <3 and I wish to return the favor by giving back this coin to the lovely pool.

Limited participants ...... a thanksgiving gift from the heart for their generous gestures <3 Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

Comments

• Options

<3

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

A limited amount of coins to the lucky few.

You must want 37 threads about it on the front page! :D

Let the tears begin :'(

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a wonderful thought and I expect nothing different from you! But in all honesty I think this coin you were so lucky to obtain directly will become a special coin. There is a lot of discussion, hype, drama over this one right now. This one would be a good coin to just put away for a while and revisit it later.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 11:07AM

Just drop in or .......

Post your treasure and a non monetary reason as to why this 2019 Enhanced would possibly enhance your hobby <3

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's mine.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 10:08AM

..... so let's make someone put it away and dream about the possibilities and hopefully not in the flip :)

@Batman23 said:
    That is a wonderful thought and I expect nothing different from you! But in all honesty I think this coin you were so lucky to obtain directly will become a special coin. There is a lot of discussion, hype, drama over this one right now. This one would be a good coin to just put away for a while and revisit it later.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 10:36AM

..... for those 2 anonymous contributors ..... please reveal yourself and PM your ID to @DCW so we can add your verified names to the list

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are a treasure @Paradisefound, so kind! You rock!!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 11:01AM

Thank you, Paradise, for all the good you bring to this forum.

Fish on <3

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 11:03AM

adding a few who truly missed it then :)

@asheland

@ElmerFusterpuck

@cameonut2011

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very generous giveaway! Good luck to all participants.
    My treasure is my family. Luckiest guy in the world to have my girls by my side.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    ..... so let's make someone put it away and dream about the possibilities and hopefully not in the flip :)

@Batman23 said:

My > @Paradisefound said:

Post your non monetary reason as to why this 2019 Enhanced would possibly enhance your hobby <3

Since you are intent on spreading your good fortune and love <3 I will state my position. My reasons are very basic. I prefer to have something that is not "common" as an example of a coin series. In this case, 30,000 is not rare but it is the new key and not every collection can have one. I tried to order one opening morning but got left hanging with it in my cart and unavailable. I messed up and missed the correct window the following morning to pick one up. I corrected that error but the next two glimpses of opportunity were just a glimpse of time and again left me in the checkout stage again with the coin in the cart but no longer available. I have checked every morning since but I am coming to the realization they are all sold. The battle is not yet done and I will be checking each morning coming up as well... just in case. This is one of those coins that I don't "need" to have and I will not be buying one in the after market. This coin is more of a "want" and if I can pick one up it will join a couple of the other special eagle releases I have obtained from the mint over the years.

Thank you for your authentic and continued generosity! This is a special opportunity for someone.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very generous. Thanks for all you bring here. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 12:00PM

My treasure is the family and friends I've been blessed with in my life. The pic is of just a few of them and the reminders that I like to have posted where I see them daily.
    As to how the coin would enhance my hobby: It would be another way of reminding me that in my life my focus on people is more important to me than to focus on things.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 12:02PM

Wow. Well, first, good to see you here again!

This seems incredibly kind. I agree that you should only do this if you're feeling exceptionally generous. If you were lucky enough to get one, just enjoy it maybe.

While I guess some people enjoy flipping coins, ripping a coin at auction, or getting an upgrade, that's a small subset of the hobby in my book. It's probably a little over-represented here. How 'bout collecting just for the joy of collecting? My favorite coins usually have a connection with a specific event, time, or person. Those coins never get sold. :)

• Options

Monetary is definitely not the thing for the Thanksgiving heart ............

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... I must say that my treasure is far beyond my coins....My incredible wife and three daughters are my treasure ..... they make me happy, keep me young and also out of trouble :D ....As to this great coin...It would become part of my forever ASE set....which will eventually go to my daughters. But not for many more years....Thank you @Paradisefound for this contest and a chance for this fabulous prize. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Better odds than the Mint @ricko :) roughly 50/50 chance B)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that is great odds....Beats the odds at Blackjack in Vegas too....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Get shadow black >:)

@Bullsitter said:
    Thanks for a very cool contest, again. Since I was very lucky to have gotten one please exclude me from the drawing. I hope it goes to a collector that was left out, Somebody is going to be verrrrrrry happy !!

My treasure, enough said, ;)

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving @Paradisefound and everyone! :)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! What a way to pay us back! None of us ever expected anything except your happiness. It was a way for us to show you you're appreciated here! I'm sure everyone that pitched in feels the same way, and I remember a few felt left out after we reached our goal and so we made room for them too. Your generosity always surprises me and this particular contest really makes me smile....such good karma.
    This ERP-ASE would enhance my collection that I plan to pass down to my kids, and being a hard-to-get coin may inspire them to collect vs sell and pass it down to their kids. I love inspiring people to collect!

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very ALOHA gesture m' Lady PF! While I didn't score one, m' Lovely Lady Sandy did for us! My kids too who I made it very worth their while, for the Grands and college funds. Cheers! <3

...and...Happy Turkey!!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks once again for your extreme generosity @Paradisefound !
    Having enjoyed these two on my desk for years, I think the ERP would look nice between them.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Nice of you. Thank you and all those generous souls on the the best coin board of them all!

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an incredibly sweet gesture, but I echo the comments of others that this is one you may want to consider holding for yourself as the opportunity to affordably own another one might not present itself again.

I think the enhanced proof coins are fascinating from a design perspective and as a collector of cameo coinage, I like the idea of a reverse cameo effect and am fascinated by the logistics/planning required to heavily polish the dies in such intricate elements of the design with such precision. Regardless of what happens with this thread, this thread has enhanced the hobby of us all. Such a selfless act/intent is so rare in this hobby and a breath of fresh air.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 11:04PM

We only came this way once and the future opportunity might not present itself again BUT ....... living the PRESENT is a PRESENT in itself <3
    The perceived value of this particular coin is everyone's dream ..... personally as well as monetarily :) so let someone special have a BLAST with both shall we? B)

<3

@cameonut2011 said:
    This is an incredibly sweet gesture, but I echo the comments of others that this is one you may want to consider holding for yourself as the opportunity to affordably own another one might not present itself again..........

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two of my many treasures, my grandson and my mother. As others have said,
    the RP ASE will enhance my grandsons collection greatly. @Paradisefound, this
    forum is very blessed that you are a part of it. Thank you!!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

My treasure

Won in one of Paradise Founds's contests. I will never sell it and have it in a special place.

Why?
    I missed out on the 1995 because I was in a coin funk at the time. Since I have gotten every one except the 95. I was surprised at how the process turned out this time. The worst experience I've ever had with the mint. This would fill the hole in the collection of the one that got away.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

My family

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    The perceived value of this particular coin is everyone's dream .....

This is a very insightful and thought-provoking comment.

It is indeed a matter of "perceived value".

If I were to buy something to resell, then the value is real to me. But if I want to keep or own something, value is just a measure of an item's rarity or desirability.

I have a few special mementos or trinkets of various types that have some value, but to me they are "worthless", meaning I would never sell them. Their "value" is more than a monetary number.

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Paradisefound for your kind, generous, and thoughtful inclusion for your giveaway! I was fortunate, and already received one through the mint. Please excuse me from contest so someone else, who hadn't received one, has a shot.

I hadn't ever purchased a coin that made me feel elated, yet, truly bummed at the same time...all those collectors on this board who were shut out that day.

You are a selfless treasure; thanks again for your consideration.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

These two, my treasure...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jabba said:
    So I can keep my kiddos ASE collection up to date! Would make a very nice Xmas present 🎁
    This is my treasure

HUBBA HUBBA!

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance! This is totally unnecessary but also part of what makes these forums so great. I have a few ASEs, including the 2006 20th Anniversary set with the first Reverse Proof and would love to add this to the collection, especially one from you :)

I'm glad you enjoy the Sacagawea dollar and love seeing it every time you post it. It was great to be part of something so special for someone who made and makes these forums more than online chat but a family! Let's keep it up! :+1:

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

Very generous of you and a great second chance for someone to own this coin. For me, I have nothing I can call a treasure. I am fortunate to be blessed with many loved ones in my life, family and friends. Difficult not to think of the less fortunate today.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are such a wonderful person!
    Why dont we all split ownership, and you can watch over it for us at your house? ;)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    edited November 28, 2019 9:22PM

Good idea B)

@DCW said:
    You are such a wonderful person!
    Why dont we all split ownership, and you can watch over it for us at your house? ;)

• Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

My current treasure. She’s not actually mine, she belongs to my roommate, but I dote on her still!

As for the reverse proof, I’ve never owned a reverse proof anything so lady liberty would be a perfect example!

Thank you again so much for the opportunity!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file