Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Local dealer 2019 Enhanced RP Eagle

Since we clearly needed another topic on the eagle.... Has anyone tried to buy/sell their new silver eagle with a local dealer? We've seen the craziness that is Ebay, but what about local shops? My town isn't big enough to support much beyond a pawn shop, so I'm curious what anyone else is seeing.

Comments

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no local dealers, but the closest ones to me, wouldn't touch something like that. They wouldn't want the grief with a likely one-way market, maybe they'd order one for you next year if it settles down. Your mileage may vary.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I sold a 2018 Pd Eagle to my local guy he picked up the phone and had a committed buyer within 1 minute. Made me what I thought was a very good offer and immediately handed it off to pack for shipping. I dont know how much profit he made, but obviously it was enough to make the deal. I Imagine it will be similar again with this ASE ERP. However, I imagine your experience could vary... local dealers are not all the same.

• Options
    Dug13Dug13 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

On 11/18, my local BM was offering to buy at $350.00

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local dealer doesn't give a darn about moderns and would probably offer a bit over melt.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Pedzola said:
    When I sold a 2018 Pd Eagle to my local guy he picked up the phone and had a committed buyer within 1 minute. Made me what I thought was a very good offer and immediately handed it off to pack for shipping. I dont know how much profit he made, but obviously it was enough to make the deal. I Imagine it will be similar again with this ASE ERP. However, I imagine your experience could vary... local dealers are not all the same.

Yeah, that's a pretty impressive turnaround, I'd imagine that has to be a pretty unique experience.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think that local B&M's would lowball offers.... Sure, they know what the ebay offerings are, and they would undoubtedly like to tap into that flip fest....but they want a profit .... so do not expect mega bucks. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the show in Vegas yesterday there were fliers being passed around to the dealers wanting to buy. No offer price but if I get mine tomorrow like fedex tracking shows I may see what the offer is on Sunday.

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Local dealer offers:

Presale - $250
    11/19 - 525
    11/20 @ 9 am $650
    11/20 @ noon $750

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard of offers as high as $800 from B&Ms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file