Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 S Enhanced reverse proof silver eagle

Just got my 2019 enhanced reverse proof silver eagle and it has a black dot with some luster to me

Comments

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to see dot in bottom pic.

Many happy BST transactions
  • bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 3:44PM

Is the black dot on the coin or holder?

Ken
  • The dot is on the coin not the holder.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 3:47PM

return for a prompt replacement :disappointed:

sorry about your luck, that is a shame. I think you can still sell it for more than you paid if that was your original intention.

• I was wanting to keep it honestly

So sorry. You can return it probably. I was hoping for you it was on the holder!

Ken
  • I’ll most likely just keep it and add to my collection of silver eagles.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do NOT return it! They do not have replacements. It is still worth more than you paid for it. Tough luck though.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell on ebay mention the spot you will still get good money now. If I owned that everytime I looked at it my eye would go immediately to that spot and piss me off.

• Yeah I can’t get over that spot sadly

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t blame you. That is tough to look at. I don’t know the answer but I would have a hard time not being distracted, like Austin Powers.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

That blows, at least you got for issue price, as others have said, don't return it, there are no replacements.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Yeah what would you think someone would pay for this since I can’t get over the dot ?

• PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

I wonder if other coins will have issues like this spot.

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• I’m sure others will have it.

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send it in for conservation and grading. Probably get a 69 and sell for good profit or keep it.

Trade $'s
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

put it as an auction piece on Ebay with the noted and clear photo of the spot. It may surprise you with what it hammers at. alternatively, assuming you took it out of the capsule to determine it's not just a glob of dust that can be blown off with canned air, just live with it as the rarity that it is.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 4:33PM

How soon before we see, My FS PR70, First in line, 001COA, autographed, 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof ASE now has milk spots thread?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 4:45PM

This is totally different. That’s a non autographed chocolate milk spot, get your dairy-tolerant glasses adjusted.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 6:34PM

That is why you sell in an opened package,,,, Silver Eagles can spot before the Mint ever ships them.
    I quit collecting them 15 years ago for this reason.

That is also the problem selling them on eBay. You sell in an unopened package,,,,,, buyer opens it looking for a "Golden Ticket" doesn't get one or the market price goes down and now he can buy one cheaper,,,,,, or he gets a spotted coin,,,,
    WHAM-BAM return to you MAM,,,,, nothing you can do about it. Buyer will say I HAD to open it to see if the coin was in the package,,,,,, who do you think eBay will side with... I guarantee it will be the buyer.

The best way is to sell to a trusted dealer via this Forum or to one you know. They know how the game is played and they will hold up their end of the deal,,,,, you are expected to hold up your end as well.

GrandAm :)
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019 7:01AM

@Vicente....Well that is too bad..... However, since I do not have one (and the Mint has no more to replace it), PM me with your price and I will let you know....We can do this deal...Cheers, RickO

• ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    That is why you sell in an opened package,,,, Silver Eagles can spot before the Mint ever ships them.

That is also the problem selling them on eBay. You sell in an unopened package,,,,,, buyer opens it looking for a "Golden Ticket" doesn't get one or the market price goes down and now he can buy one cheaper,,,,,, or he gets a spotted coin,,,,
    WHAM-BAM return to you MAM,,,,, nothing you can do about it. Buyer will say I HAD to open it to see if the coin was in the package,,,,,, who do you think eBay will side with... I guarantee it will be the buyer.

The best way is to sell to a trusted dealer via this Forum or to one you know. They know how the game is played and they will hold up their end of the deal,,,,, you are expected to hold up your end as well.

Not only that but buyers could also say there was not a coin in the package and you will be the one eating the costs.

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

That might be a little grease spot on the surface and can be wiped off. I don't recommend doing that yourself unless you are experienced in conservation procedures...

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019 7:36AM

@ParlousJoe said:

@GRANDAM said:

Not only that but buyers could also say there was not a coin in the package and you will be the one eating the costs.

Well I can say that I had to eat the item when the seller shipped said item BUT WAS EMPTY when I picked up said package. EBAY RULED IN FAVOR OF THE SELLER in my case. It’s was a low cost DVD. I just assumed when seller could prove the package had a TRACKABLE BAR CODE CASE CLOSED. Make sure BUYER/SELLER has a good history before dealing with them.

• Turns out it was a foreign substance from the mint. My local coin shop was able to remove it with a dip then pat dry very carefully.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019 8:41AM

@Vicente said:
    Turns out it was a foreign substance from the mint. My local coin shop was able to remove it with a dip then pat dry very carefully.

Good for you. I am no expert on the process hopefully it will be okay. Are you planning on getting it graded? Did they charge a fee for the dip? Did he mention what liquid he used I am guessing Acetone or simple H2O? Will it effect the luster long term? So many questions? :(

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you, hopefully no hairlines were caused.

Trade $'s
  • I’m not sure on getting it graded.No he did not charge a fee he is honest dude.He used pure acetone and said from experience it should not mess with the luster long time.Also no hairlines were created or caused.

I'm glad he could take care of it. That would have been a shame if he or you could not take care of the coin

Ken
  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell it on ebay ( I know I already said that) but I bet you could add no more than a couple hundred bucks to what you'll get for your buger variety and have one you'll love ( or like a lot )

• Yeah I prefer a FTF sale in the state of Florida. I don’t really like eBay for anything .Rather I’m selling or buying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file