Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GTG - we need something other than mint releases to discuss *Posted pic of grade in first post*

coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 20, 2019 2:45PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I know I'm tired of all the threads on the recent mint release so how about a grading from pics thread. What say you all on this dime.

Some good guesses with the majority in the 63/64 range, the closeups were taken by NGC and while very good at showing the details and strike they are very poor with displaying the luster. I've included a quick and dirty cell phone pic of the slab which while not as clear as the photo vision pics does give a better idea of the luster. I just got this back from ats, I had a small submission and included this coin because I've had it in an album for years and I could use it for a registry set. Personally I thought MS63 with a shot at 64 and FB but not a slam dunk on the designation. Overall I thought the graders were very harsh on my entire submission with grades a point lower than I thought on several like this coin. But hey ownership adds a point so maybe that's where its at lol. Thanks for the guesses.

My Lincoln Registry
My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file