Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Newly graded from PCGS! Shiny coins!

Hey guys I just wanted to share my recently graded pieces. :) No details grades so very happy over all. First coin is a piece of Irish Gunmoney graded AU50.

Ireland Shilling AU55 - Knew it was an AU but had to sub because I digged the wild toning.

England 6 Pence MS64 - Was testing the waters on PL coinage. A miss but still stunning in hand.

England Shilling MS65 - Really nice colors and clean surfaces. Happy with the grade and the TV :)

England Shilling AU55 - Just amazing colors. Really awesome looking coin despite not being worth much.

Germany 1 Mark MS63 - Another coin I thought had some potential for a PL designation but alas none. You can see a bit of the mirrors and cam here but still a beaut!

I subbed a few more Irish shillings but I may make a post showing them as upgrades to previous examples.

Hope y'all enjoy! Cheers!

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

Comments

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to collect Irish moderne while living in Ireland. Fun area some very difficult early dates in high grade.

• ClioClio Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    I used to collect Irish moderne while living in Ireland. Fun area some very difficult early dates in high grade.

I am living in Ireland at the moment myself. :) I have been learning and having great difficulty putting my shilling set together. MS examples are extremely difficult to find even if you have the money to pay.

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clio said:

@Boosibri said:

I am living in Ireland at the moment myself. :) I have been learning and having great difficulty putting my shilling set together. MS examples are extremely difficult to find even if you have the money to pay.

Where about's in Ireland? I was in Malahide for three years. Contact Chris Denton for some great pieces and be sure to check the Dublin shows in Feb and Oct.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins! :)

• ClioClio Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@Clio said:

@Boosibri said:

Where about's in Ireland? I was in Malahide for three years. Contact Chris Denton for some great pieces and be sure to check the Dublin shows in Feb and Oct.

Thanks for the heads up! Already E-Mailed him :) I am currently living in Cork!