Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Other "Big" news: non cac topic

Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Motley Crue is gonna tour again...2020 American tour! Rock On
B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

Comments

• Options

I do have a box at cac currently ;)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandman70gt said:
    I do have a box at cac currently ;)

OK, good. Then carry on...

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

In all types of music, the performers can't seem to leave. Ever.

Is it 'the being on stage' or 'the money' or both?

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both

Ken
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda glad. I had no opportunity to see these old groups when I was young. In the last few years, I’ve been to Def Leppard, Styx, Journey, Speedwagon and a couple of others. Most of these guys still got it. :)

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have absolutely no desire to see the Crue. I saw them in 1985 when they were at the top of their game (Theater of pain tour) and Vince Neil wasn't all fat and old. He actually could remember the verses to the songs and didn't have the crowd sing all the lyrics for him.

I saw Def Leppard in 1983 and again in 1999.

I saw Poison in 1986 or 87 can't remember which. Back then they only had three hits and were an opening band LOL. Like a good friend of mine said about the '80s.... I don't remember......much. ;) Back then tickets were 15 or 20 bucks not 100 or more.... so, thanks anyway, but I'm good.

I also think it's BS that they (Motley) didn't honor their cessation agreement contract. They went out on New Year's Eve in Los Angeles acting like it was the last show. Everybody thought so. If I was at that show I would now feel cheated. This is just a shameless cash grab that I have no interest in. Sorry.

Also, people of my generation probably won't even show up...it's just going to be the younger generation who gained an interest only by watching their biography 'The Dirt' on Netflix. Just my opinion.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the bands mentioned here had NO talent........just a lot of loud noise!

• Options

@Walkerfan
    I agree with most of what you had to say, but I can't help it, I love 'em. Saw them in Portland at the end of the last tour, last stop before LA. The Dirt got them going again. So fat greasy Vince Neil gonna make some more millions and he cant sing! Can you really blame them?
    Sorry Dimeman wrong generation my friend.
    Required coin:

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Elton John is going to tour one last time. It’s quite a show if you haven’t seen him.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not been to a concert or band performance since 1969.... And that was Woodstock....Yeah, that one. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I have not been to a concert or band performance since 1969.... And that was Woodstock....Yeah, that one. ;) Cheers, RickO

Well Ricko, THAT explains a lot!😁

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

@santinidollar said:
    Elton John is going to tour one last time. It’s quite a show if you haven’t seen him.

Was debating going to see him on the latest tour, then saw the cheapest tickets were $400. No thanks.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

Where's @ricko, anybody see him here :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Kinda glad. I had no opportunity to see these old groups when I was young. In the last few years, I’ve been to Def Leppard, Styx, Journey, Speedwagon and a couple of others. Most of these guys still got it. :)

Yes the past decade or so has been amazing for seeing all the great classic rock acts. They can't make money from album sales anymore and are forced to tour more to make up for it. Most acts are still in top form I really haven't been disappointed with any show I've seen and I've seen a LOT.

I could be wrong but I don't think the MC guys need money, I think it's more about them missing it all. It's always funny though, almost without fail "farewell" tours are never the end. When your entire life is writing and performing music I think you get bored quick when it's not there anymore.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

While we're on the topic of rock groups, next year the Rolling Stones will have been performing in 7 decades---60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's, and 20's. I find this to be amazing and I can't think of any other group that can make this claim.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when I worked at Six Flags when he came to the park in the Mid 70's. I worked in a hot dog stand across from the Gasp(a Parachute drop ride). He went to get on and dantily sticks out his hands and his security or what ever takes all the rings off his fingers. He rides the ride, gets off... dantily sticks out his hands again and they put all his rings back on. Some folks were lucky they didn't get puck instead of chili on their hotdogs. Mind you I do like his music!

@santinidollar said:

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

I've never been to a concert and have been in the US since 1969. I don't think I will start now.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file