Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It is Chicago again.

goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

The new ANA Board of Governors voted, on September10,2019, to hold the 2022 ANA World's Fair of Money in Chicago ( Rosemont ). I am really tired of Chicago!

Comments

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a son of the Greater Flyover Country, Rosemont is good for me.

This is annual dues reconsideration time, so ANA just gave me a bit of incentive.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hurray! I’m glad it’s in Chicago because that’s the only place it can be when I can go to the ANA. I’m in the Chicago suburbs which is perfect.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:
    The new ANA Board of Governors voted, on September10,2019, to hold the 2022 ANA World's Fair of Money in Chicago ( Rosemont ). I am really tired of Chicago!

I hear you!

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I'll make a trip to my local gun shop instead. 😆

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Works for me. 20 hour drive, but my kids live in Wisconsin, so it is always a good trip.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a little tired of the same location but it is within driving distance for me so that is nice. I just enjoy going to some other locations as well. One of my favorites was in Boston. That is a cool town.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chicago is the best....for me.

• Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

This year was the first time going. It's okay I guess. Seems like any big city, and I live in Alabama so anywhere they decide to go I will have to travel.

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

So Pittsburgh, Rosemont, Rosemont ... any chance it will go West after 2022, or back East where most collectors are?

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in the Chicago suburbs but would rather attend the ANA somewhere else. Convention centers that are integrated into downtown centers (Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc.) are more enjoyable.

ANA has a thankless chore selecting the convention site.

• Options

@Coinosaurus Mr. Berk's strong argument (downtown) for many years, but it seemingly didn't work.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine by me - it's a quick direct flight for me and then free shuttle to the hotel and convention center. Very convenient compared to a lot of other places. Of course, I would love to have it go back to my old stomping grounds in New York but, between taxes and unions, that's not going to happen.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    TrazTraz Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭

Maye head to Gibson’s across the street first :)

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:
    I am a little tired of the same location but it is within driving distance for me so that is nice. I just enjoy going to some other locations as well. One of my favorites was in Boston. That is a cool town.

I have to agree, I loved the ANA in Boston.

Great room, short walk to the convention center, good food.
    Pretty town, what I saw of it, and a decent drive of about 4 hours.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not attend.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I flew into and out of Chicago, every weekend, for nine months straight while consulting....Knew the way into and out of the airport like I know my own driveway (just more traffic :D )....Seems like a good location for the show...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FunwithMPLFunwithMPL Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 8:33AM

Glad to hear Rosemont is a great place.

Collector
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked Rosemont when I attended the National Sports Collectors Convention 8 years ago and may make plans to go there in 2022 for the ANA World's Fair of Money if I can get my brother in law to come along.

Yah, I'd like for the ANA to be in Boston, but that ain't happening. So for me a place with a direct flight and transportation to the hotel and/or convention center is the next best thing.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carabonnair said:
    So Pittsburgh, Rosemont, Rosemont ... any chance it will go West after 2022, or back East where most collectors are?

Coastal big shows in 2020 include FUN, Long Beach, Baltimore, Long Beach, Baltimore, Long Beach, and Baltimore.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Hurray! I’m glad it’s in Chicago because that’s the only place it can be when I can go to the ANA. I’m in the Chicago suburbs which is perfect.

So am I. I NEVER have a problem with it.

HEE HEE

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorites was in Boston. That is a cool town.

I read through the ANA Board Minutes and it mentions that the Convention Committee had contacted the appropriate folks in Boston for a proposal and were turned down. Tough to go someplace if they don't want you.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

YAY! I am leaving Florida soon. FUN is overrated. Moving back to Chicago.

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    @Coinosaurus Mr. Berk's strong argument (downtown) for many years, but it seemingly didn't work.

The Cultural Center was a good site. Navy Pier and McCormick are not, they are not close to anything.

• Options

@coinasaurus After the Old Public Library, the show went like just four blocks away, to The Palmer House. It didn't work out, don't know why. Straw argument mentioning sites that were never used.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 9:42AM

@georgiacop50 said:
    YAY! I am leaving Florida soon. FUN is overrated. Moving back to Chicago.

Yes! Chicago is "my kind of town". Good timing, you have to check out the NEW Starbucks(Reserve), on Michigan Ave. It's the biggest Starbucks in the world, 5 stories tall It's sort of their museum. The wife and I just visited two days ago. Great atmosphere. Guarantee a whole different outlook of Starbucks. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file