Home Sports Talk
Options

Houston Astros punishment by Rob Manfred should be:

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2019 7:28PM in Sports Talk

This scandal is growing big time.... I've heard pundits discuss all of these options below:

Houston Astros punishment by Rob Manfred should be:

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A combo of several of these.

Vacate the WS..... Suspend Hinch for year and fine 5 million.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2019 3:05AM

They should change the Houston Astros logo for a season.

Example-

Todays game:

The New York Yankees

VS

The Houston Astros

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy fine plus draft pick loss.

I say the get a roster spot or two taken away from them this upcoming season. Handicap them and make it harder for them to compete for a season

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mass beheadings

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

A combo for sure, but i would be against vacating the title.

What's done is done in that regard, and i don't agree with punishment such as that.

Should past titles be vacated because a particular team used more steroids, amphetamines, etc, than other teams? It could get a bit ridiculous.

Just let it be, and assess punishment moving forward.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alex Cora was an architect of it...... So the chance the Red Sox used a system to help win the WS in '18..... HIGH.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess we'll just have to impeach them.

• Options

Bored. Waiting for football. Please weekend, hurry up.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2019 4:23PM

100M fine. Fire everyone who knew about it. Banned from playoffs for 3 years.

edited to increase the fine.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be strongly opposed to just a monetary fine. That World Series title in 2017 was worth more money than any amount the team would ever get fined. If the fine isn't something like $250-500m, then who cares? The cost would be worth the title.

No, what should happen is suspensions for Hinch, Cora, the GM, and anybody else involved. Eliminate first round draft picks for a few years. And I like the idea of reducing them to 24, or even 23, roster spots. That last one would never fly because of the CBA, however.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly suspect what we'll actually see is a harsh finger wagging, "don't do it again", and not much else.

• Options

Kenesaw Mountain Landis would know what to do.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Kenesaw Mountain Landis is spinning in his grave after being used in an analogy that equated throwing games in exchange for money from organized crime with stealing signs. And he's wondering why men today are wearing panties, and how they got twisted so tight.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

Kenesaw Mountain Landis is spinning in his grave after being used in an analogy that equated throwing games in exchange for money from organized crime with stealing signs. And he's wondering why men today are wearing panties, and how they got twisted so tight.

We all know the Black Sox scandal was worse.

However both events constituted cheating which was why the analogy was used.

Did that really need to be explained? 🙄

• Options

@stevek said:

It was a joke, making fun of you and the rest of the ladies getting the vapors because the Astros were caught committing baseball. Did I really need to explain that? 🙄

At the moment, this "scandal" has not risen to the absurdity of deflategate, but it will surpass it if the league actually imposes a penalty for breaking a rule that exists only in the imaginations of some stuffy old ladies who obviously never watched a baseball game in their lives.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

It was a joke, making fun of you and the rest of the ladies getting the vapors because the Astros were caught committing baseball. Did I really need to explain that? 🙄

At the moment, this "scandal" has not risen to the absurdity of deflategate, but it will surpass it if the league actually imposes a penalty for breaking a rule that exists only in the imaginations of some stuffy old ladies who obviously never watched a baseball game in their lives.

Your first sentence didn't seem like a joke to me. Oh well, we're even with the eyerolls, let's keep it at that. ;)

I agree that deflategate was absurd. However the Astros stealing signs in this manner needs to be stopped and punishment needs to be meted out...and it will be.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Baseball is losing fans already this will just help with that .

I have a novel idea for a punishment , put houston pitchers on a 10 second pitch clock in every game , let the other team take as long as they want.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 11:30AM

. And he's wondering why men today are wearing panties, and how they got twisted so tight.

We appreciate you sharing your personal attire, but this isn't really the correct forum for that.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

. And he's wondering why men today are wearing panties, and how they got twisted so tight.

We appreciate you sharing your personal attire, but this isn't really the correct forum for that.

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@hammer1 said:

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

https://youtu.be/iTwIwfvNJLk

• Options

Just let me remind everyone here of what steroids can do to the human body over the years.

Barry Bonds in 2005

Barry Bonds today

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭

Send them back to the national league!