Home U.S. Coin Forum

Second New Software Glitch

cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I clicked on a notification from a thread I started recently and the site says "comment not found" which usually happens when a comment has been moderated and deleted. Nevertheless, the comment still shows up in the thread and in another screen showing the full text so I know the posts are the same. The comment was actually benign, and I do not think it would have been deleted by a moderator. With the password reset issue, it suggests something else might be amiss with the software, and there may be other issues. I just thought I would give everyone a heads up.

@HeatherBoyd

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try restarting browser...?

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

It's actually getting worse. On the detailed "All Notifications" list it shows the post, and it no longer appears in my thread. Several other posts are now missing too. There is nothing remotely controversial about any of the posts so I don't think the posts are being moderated out.

I've have now confirmed it with two browsers (Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome).

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Safari works fine :)

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@Kliao said:
    Safari works fine :)

I miss my Macbook Pro. Unfortunately it went to the electronics recycler in the sky after years of faithful service.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@Hemispherical said:

It's actually getting worse. On the detailed "All Notifications" list it shows the post, and it no longer appears in my thread. Several other posts are now missing too. There is nothing remotely controversial about any of the posts so I don't think the posts are being moderated out.

Pretty sure you’d get a PM if mods did something. Must be a bug.

Now even more posts (the vast majority) are missing from another thread. Again the posts were benign so there is no reason to think the posts were deleted by the moderators. Something is seriously wrong with the software. Backup any posts/PMs of importance.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me thinks your computer has a bug!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was locked out since last night... now missing posts/threads? Sounds like a major software overhaul....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file