Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 The Lincoln Cent transition. Which one do you agree with? Thanks

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I for one do believe this was a good decision. Esp. with the 4 different designs in 2009. I think it made it interesting. The same time it presented Abraham Lincoln a special tribute.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

2009 The Lincoln Cent transition. Which one do you agree with? Thanks

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 17, 2019 10:58AM

Just think, ever since the 2009 cent design passed. Meaning, all the cents minted after 2009. No real and/or significant varieties or errors! At least during the 2009, many, and I mean MANY varieties came gushing out. Over 100! Why do you suppose this happened? The dramatic stoppage? HM-M-M-M :*

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭
    The design change was good for the hobby

I'm starting a 'put together' Dansco starting 2009 for my modern proof sets that were broken up. Cent page will start with 14 coins (8 uncs, 4 proofs and 2 tokens). The 2 tokens, one P and one D are semi prooflike near perfect gems so I thought I would include them as type. 2009 4-coin copper proofs are toning blue gold beauties but really wanted a page for the half dollars. These mint set halves are mostly MS 68 or better with incredible perfectly basined dies making them look like specimen coins.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It certainly made for some interesting finds....Lots of minor doubled dies....Cheers, RickO

• Options

After 4 days of my OP, this seems to be an "ANONYMOUS" poll! Sure, this is only based on 12 votes, but still. 4 Days now. When was the last time we (Forum) ever had a anonymous Poll?

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    The design change wasn't good for the hobby

I dont think it helped or hurt the hobby. I don't think a one year design change would make much of a difference. I think the quarter program may have added many collectors to the hobby.

....but then, I'm still disappointed they didnt make a 2009-VDB and 2009-S VDB. They missed the boat on that one, I'm affraid.

David

• Options

Maybe, I shouldn't of posted that nobody voted the other way? Ever since I posted it, two opposite votes! H-M-M-M-m :*

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    After 4 days of my OP, this seems to be an "ANONYMOUS" poll! Sure, this is only based on 12 votes, but still. 4 Days now. When was the last time we (Forum) ever had a anonymous Poll?

I have seen many polls with the respondents remaining anonymous.
    I'm assuming you meant unanimous?

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

The change was ok but I like the Lincoln profile on the present cents much better.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2019 9:21AM

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

I have seen many polls with the respondents remaining anonymous.
    I'm assuming you meant unanimous?

LOL. I stand corrected. It's "unanimous" that I was terrible in English in school! Thanks. Also, I would think not too many polls would end up unanimous? Thanks again, for the answer, as well as, the correction.-Joey :)

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Public polls don't reflect much. :|

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file