Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detecting in New York – Treasure Hunting Locations

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a possibility for when you retire from all of your other current hobbies @ricko

New York State Parks

New York has several popular state parks that allow metal detecting. Usually, state parks record high volumes of visitors throughout the year. A large number of people visiting state parks end up misplacing their valuables such as jewelry, coins, and other metallic items. This makes state parks rich places to find some really valuable items.

Most of the state parks in New York will let you use your metal detector on their grounds. However, you first have to contact the park to get a permit before you are allowed to use a metal detector. You are also required to use your metal detector in the designated areas only.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston....Thanks....I was vaguely aware that some NYS parks would allow it....I have not researched which ones. Being a cache hunter, I tend to go into the mountains to look for old cellar holes/foundations.....Still looking for the 'big one'.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Most of the State parks in my neck of the woods forbid detecting.
    Fort Niagara NO
    Letchworth NO
    Beaver Island only on the beach after Labor Day before Memorial Day.