Home Sports Talk
Options

Headed to the DogPound for some Thursday Night Football!!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I talked with my youngest Son a little while ago and he's taking the Ol' Man down to the DogPound for Thursday Night Football vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers. I haven't been to the new Browns Stadium since the Team returned, so it should be fun. Our seats, as looking at the field, are to the right of the upright and just about even with the crossbar(to the camera's left). My memory is hazy, but I remember a game against the San Diego Chargers in strike-shortened 1982 where I sat in about the same location. Dan Fouts was at his peak then and his throws were incredible.

I'll be the guy in the black skeleton skull-cap, the cameras always seem to find me!!! :pB)

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like live sports, Hope you guys have a good time.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Enjoy and get some pics to post! 👍👍

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you and your son have a great time Keets.

Looking forward to the post game report on the fun times, hopefully with a victory by the Browns in your pocket.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the camera pans your way, be sure to wave to your friends on the boards. :) Enjoy the game.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be watching for the skeleton skull cap. Have fun!

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Great fans in the “dog pound” - hope they kick the Steelers in the butt

• Options

I think I will make a "PCGS" sign on cardboard. Probably nobody else but the members watching will know what it's for. :p

• Options

@keets said:
    I think I will make a "PCGS" sign on cardboard. Probably nobody else but the members watching will know what it's for. :p

Make it say 'Please Cleveland Get Some", ha!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice dude. so envious. i've been to a game at FirstEnergy and wish i could go back. very passionate, very raucous, very inebriated fanbase. good freaking times.

enjoy!

• Options

one of my earliest memories of attending the Browns games was around 1965 in old Municipal Stadium. my Father had two seats in a whole row of Uncles, Cousins and Family members I still don't know the relation of --- Upper Deck, Section 19, Row H. I think I was around seat 11 and I had a pass from then until about 1974.

back then, Cleveland and Pittsburgh played on Saturday Nights, at least in Cleveland. I remember a game when the weather was pretty cold and I was a youngster of about 10. suddenly, there were some loud screams from fans behind and to the right of us. we all turned to see two men, obviously pretty drunk, standing and cheering in their underwear!! it's an image that sticks with me after 50 years.

I don't know who they were rooting for but the rivalry has always been like that, take no freakin' prisoners.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy yourself! I'm happy for you and your son. Post some pics if you can.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful thing!! Enjoy the game.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 1:11AM

Did anyone spot keets last night? The Browns won. There was a fight at the end of the game. Myles Garrett hit Mason Rudolph with his helmet. It turned into UFC.

• Options

well, I can't defend Myles Garrett and he deserves to be criticzed and suspended --- however --- if you watch the video you can see Rudolph kicking Garrett and trying to get HIS helmet off, so I guess it's just a case of who succeeded first. sure, I'll take criticism for saying it, but you really need to have watched these Teams play for years, the Steelers have owned the Browns, abused them physically without retribution from the NFL and just generally disrespected them.

a lot of frustration boiled over at the end, the Browns over those years of losses and the Steelers getting whupped last night.

also, to add context to all that, should James Harrison really be saying ANYTHING about that incident??

• Options

Garrett will most likely be suspended for the rest of the Season for using the helmet as a weapon. He was getting attacked though and flipped out, Pouncey was kicking him as well as Rudolph, pretty good scrap I must say.

• Options

yeah, once the film is reviewed I think more players will be suspended. it's a funny thing, after a player hits another player with his own helmet it is suddenly OK to punch and stomp on that player while another teammate lays on top of him.

hey, baby, it's all about perspective!! :p

• Options

@keets said:
    yeah, once the film is reviewed I think more players will be suspended. it's a funny thing, after a player hits another player with his own helmet it is suddenly OK to punch and stomp on that player while another teammate lays on top of him.

hey, baby, it's all about perspective!! :p

I can tell ya this much if someone hit me with something I got no problem kicking them in the face and head. Or if it was a street fight it’s ok too, it’s been done to me and I’ve done it before so I know all about it 🤷‍♂️

• Options

Honestly though Garett, and the guy that kicked him should both be suspended. Garrett for the season without question and Pouncey or whoever did kick and punch probably 2 games? They got to hurt Garrett though, that stuff can’t happen, he should be charged with assault and battery really

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 3:25AM

if we want to be "honest" about it, shouldn't Mason Rudolph also be suspended for kicking Garrett and trying to rip his helmet off?? the NFL can't get into "degree of offense" or they'll be in trouble. kicking a player is kicking a player.

Garrett --- rest of seson.
    Pouncey --- two games.
    DeCastro --- two games.
    Rudolp --- two games.
    they mentioned Ogunjobi from the Browns but I didn't see what he did.
    fines for any other combatants.

• Options

@keets said:
    if we want to be "honest" about it, shouldn't Mason Rudolph also be suspended for kicking Garrett and trying to rip his helmet off?? the NFL can't get into "degree of offense" or they'll be in trouble. kicking a player is kicking a player.

Garrett --- rest of seson.
    Pouncey --- two games.
    DeCastro --- two games.
    Rudolp --- two games.
    they mentioned Ogunjobi from the Browns but I didn't see what he did.
    fines for any other combatants.

Yea definitely, I didn’t see Rudolph do that but if he did then 100% how’s that for being “Honest” ?

• Options

How about some pics? You guys must have enjoyed the game, nice W too

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 8:22AM

@perkdog said:

I can tell ya this much if someone hit me with something I got no problem kicking them in the face and head. Or if it was a street fight it’s ok too, it’s been done to me and I’ve done it before so I know all about it 🤷‍♂️

Hell, and that is just at the all you can eat buffet.

Here is the clip -- click on the youtube link.

https://youtu.be/eef-l5pcEIk

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 8:03AM

I saw the clip before it got yanked. Rudolph looked like he definitely was yanking that helmet first.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 10:19AM

Garret gone 'for at least the rest of the season and post season' says the news I just heard.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 10:30AM

He probably wishes it was worded “Rest of the Season” 😂

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

The ONLY thing that went over the top was swinging the helmet as a "weapon" to hurt somebody during the skirmish. EVERTHING else we have seen before in NFL fights.....helmet yanking, punches thrown, kicks.
    The rest of the conversation on who started this and he did that are not what the big deal is.
    Just the optics of seeing someone swing a helmet at someone's head is what the big deal is.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

Both the QB and Garrett should get lifetime bans. In a game that now prizes safety for athletes, tearing a helmet of another players head is inexcusable. That Rudolph was too much of a wuss to get Garrett's off is not a mitigator.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Both the QB and Garrett should get lifetime bans. In a game that now prizes safety for athletes, tearing a helmet of another players head is inexcusable. That Rudolph was too much of a wuss to get Garrett's off is not a mitigator.

You do realize if Garrett didn't swing the helmet and hit another player in the head that NOTHING would have happened to ANYBODY right including Garrett? We have seen it before. Yanking on helmets, kicking & punching are not new to anybody.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Glick, please explain why Mason Rudolph deserves a lifetime ban. I guess I missed the part of the video where he attempted to seriously injure another player with a potentially deadly object.

Back in the real world, the NFL has indefinitely suspended Myles Garrett, which reports say will be, at minimum, the rest of the season. Maurkice Pouncey (three games) and Cleveland's Larry Ogunjobi (one game) were also suspended. More suspensions may be coming. Conspicuously missing from the suspension list, at least for now, is Mason Rudolph.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

The skirmishes happen often, but nothing really happens during those. In this case, Garrett ripped the helmet off the players head which was bad enough. No matter what else is going on, there is no explanation for swinging that helmet at another players unprotected head. No exceptions. The suspension for the rest of the season isn't enough. The Browns aren't going anywhere and it really doesn't hurt the team. It may even reward them by getting a higher draft pick by losing additional games.

• Options

Rudolph should be punished because Garrett got punished? Garrett got punished for using a helmet as a weapon.
    What Rudolph did has been seen a hundred times before.

• Options

I agree with a few game suspensions for the players involved and a rest of season punishment for Garrett. Lifetime Ban? That’s ridiculous 😂

• Options

@steel75 said:
    Rudolph should be punished because Garrett got punished? Garrett got punished for using a helmet as a weapon.

Maybe Garrett should get ten lifetime bans to one for Rudolph if that will calm the forum. Can't be serious about protecting NFL players and ever allow an athlete to attempt to remove the helmet of another.

Before the kneeling I forfeited watching the NFL and the restrictive rules regarding tackles was a key reason. I get it though as those three hundred pound steroid junkies can cripple their opponents.

Neither Rudolph or Garrett have a place in the game.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 12:07PM

here's what bugs me about the Officiating during games, we have all seen it and to say it isn't a fact is to lie --- it is almost always the player who retaliates that is punished, the instigator almost never gets punished. I will say it for the last time as I did a few times above, Garrett should be out at least the rest of the season --- but --- Mason Rudolph started the whole thing, then when he got "retaliated" on he looks for an Official to complain. what a freakin' pussy. there are now two distinct classes of players, QB's and everyone else.

what about the guy laying on top of Garrett as the other guy punches and kicks him in the head, another act of pussy-ism from the big bad Steelers, known for physical play, two on one. shouldn't those guys be out for awhile??

the indignation shouldn't come from everyone about what was done, it was inexcusable, the players know it and they should except their suspensions and fines without appealing, then do some sort of counseling and community service.

the indignation should be saved for the time when it is clear the NFL doesn't do those same things to Mason Rudolph. he was roughed up the whole game, played liked crap was throwing a pass at that point of the game, down 14 points. save a little blame for Tomlin and don't tell me they need to "play hard to the end" because that's ridiculous. at that point they need to take a knee and get into the locker room.

Mason Rudolph started the whole thing by kicking at Garrett and trying to pull his helmet off.

• Options

Imagine IF (and Garrett had pure luck on his side because he swung with full intent) he connected better and Rudolph laid there bloody or knocked out. Thankfully it did not, but only because of luck.

• Options

yeah, and if your Aunt had balls she'd be your Uncle. maybe we should stick to what really happened and punish players for what they really did.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@steel75 said:

Maybe Garrett should get ten lifetime bans to one for Rudolph if that will calm the forum. Can't be serious about protecting NFL players and ever allow an athlete to attempt to remove the helmet of another.

Before the kneeling I forfeited watching the NFL and the restrictive rules regarding tackles was a key reason. I get it though as those three hundred pound steroid junkies can cripple their opponents.

Neither Rudolph or Garrett have a place in the game

Help us all and continue not watching NFL for everybody's sake.

• Options

@keets said:
    yeah, and if your Aunt had balls she'd be your Uncle. maybe we should stick to what really happened and punish players for what they really did.

Yes, like swinging a helmet and connecting to someone's head. You are correct.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 12:22PM

@steel75 said:
    Imagine IF (and Garrett had pure luck on his side because he swung with full intent) he connected better and Rudolph laid there bloody or knocked out. Thankfully it did not, but only because of luck.

Luck retired before the season.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

what about the guy laying on top of Garrett as the other guy punches and kicks him in the head, another act of pussy-ism from the big bad Steelers, known for physical play, two on one. shouldn't those guys be out for awhile??

you're way off base, as DeCastro was playing peacemaker. even Myles Garrett sung his praises after the game and mentioned him by name. had he not laid on top of him in an attempt to defuse the situation, Maurkice Pouncey would have dug a grave in the middle of the field and stuck Garrett in it.

• Options

steel75, if you know the history of your Team you would settle down a little bit. just acknowledge what everyone did including your QB, he started the whole thing and needs to be held accountable.

• Options

another point about that pussy QB, I wonder what he said as Garrett was being held by DeCastro and sort of being led away. he actually chased Garrett.

he needs to be suspended also.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 12:35PM

@keets Regardless of who started what or not You cannot with a straight face say that Garrett did not go too far? Or can you? I know your a Browns guy but really hitting a guy in the head with a helmet was ridiculous on so many levels, if he punched him then fine but that legitimately was assault and battery with a dangerous weapon lol

• Options

I have said that above a few times, there's no need to repeat it again just as there's no need to defend Rudolph. what both did is deserving of suspension.

• Options

@keets said:
    steel75, if you know the history of your Team you would settle down a little bit. just acknowledge what everyone did including your QB, he started the whole thing and needs to be held accountable.

I don't play for them...…...at least my bank account looks that way. Plus I have no loyalty or collect the current guys as my avatar is a Joe Greene helmet. The only thing I'm pointing out is the skirmish was something we have seen a ton...….just in today's NFL climate you can't swing a helmet at a person's head and cry "he started it".

• Options

Yes, unfortunately I didn't get to watch the game ending last night, so I had to check it out on youtube. I fell victim to my wife's Bee Gees videos again. I hate that damn group.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Thought Rudolph should have gotten a game or two, he engaged in the fighting as well.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

So Keets.

Did you enjoy attending the game?

Favor us with a run down of your evening. :)