Home Metal Detecting
Options

Help with identifying

DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

This was posted on another forum. The "bell" shaped thing with a chain....I know I've seen one before, heck, I might even have one. Can't for the life of me remember what it is

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not know what that item is....but an interesting collection of small tools there....even a tiny anvil....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

With a chain, you would have to assume it was hung by that chain. Then if it was hung it would be like a bell and perhaps that is exactly what it is, a door bell of old.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 9:29PM

The pot looks like a fire starter without the lid.
    The little yard tools maybe bonzi tree landscape?
    The sledgehammer and anvil....just cool.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think that cauldron is very old. Looks cast rather than forged together, ring by ring section. I do like the small anvil. Nice big magnet. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall