Decent Early Walker Captured in the Wild

Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 10, 2019 2:30PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I attended the monthly Melbourne show today and was surprised to find this one at one of my favorite small dealer’s table.
I don’t need it for a set or anything, but still had to have it. Seems that coins like this, a better date, unmolested and raw, are becoming few and far between anymore.

Successful BST transactions with 142 members. Recent: Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, BAJJERFAN, Valenti151, GotTheBug, okiedude, jhdfla, LRCTom, ajaan, Raybo

Comments

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look nice to me.

Yorkshireman,
    Obsessed “Master Collector” of pieces of history.

Yorkshireman's Box of 20
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good move.

That's a nice Walker.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." --Teddy Roosevelt, April 23, 1910.
  • kazkaz Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure don't find 'em like that very often! Nice!

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those were never particularly common in that grade. Nice find.

All glory is fleeting.
  • KccoinKccoin Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭

Good looking coin!

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice steel gray, subdued luster peeking through..... what's not to like? B)

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin. Congratulations.

• rickoricko Posts: 69,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice old Walker....and raw as well....really rare to find one in that condition raw...I would have picked that one up myself....They have a sentimental value to me... they were pocket change when I was young....well, when I was working as a paper boy or in the bakery. Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

My Registry Type Set

Successful BST transactions with AllCoinsRule, Ahrensdad, ArizonaJack, Bruggs, Cohodk, dcgolfer, fivecents, frnklnlvr, Itsnotjustme, Meltdown sTONER, Snizzle, SurfinxHI, Twincam