What is the GOAT on game day?

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas seems to like Cheetos

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 7:35PM

Lately I been a junkie for Cracker Jack, I been mixing in a bag of beer nuts with it too. This started a few Sundays ago 🤷‍♂️

• Options

I typically eat either before or after the Chiefs game. Don't have much of an appetite
    during the game.
    I like pizza for the Sunday night game if the Chiefs aren't playing.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

As some here know, my diet is extremely healthy, and my pants size is that when i was 25 years old, and i was in great shape then.

That being said, there is a BBQ potato chip brand that is all organic, that i just can't seem to resist. Potato chips are one of the most unhealthiest things you can consume, yet once in a while i just can't help myself and throw a bag of these BBQ chips into my shopping cart.

When i bring the bag home, i say to myself that i'll just eat a few of them at a time and it'll last for a few weeks. However the entire bag is always gone by the end of the night. I even scrape out the little crumples at the bottom of the bag. LOL

So that gets my vote for Junk food GOAT - BBQ potato chips.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Avocado toast on 91 grain bread probably has me in the minority.

Maybe stuffed grape leaves then.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

I love Cheetos, which is why watching you put them up your nose so distresses me.

But my favorite game day snack is Fritos and Ro-Tel dip.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

@stevek said:
    As some here know, my diet is extremely healthy, and my pants size is that when i was 25 years old, and i was in great shape then.

That being said, there is a BBQ potato chip brand that is all organic, that i just can't seem to resist. Potato chips are one of the most unhealthiest things you can consume, yet once in a while i just can't help myself and throw a bag of these BBQ chips into my shopping cart.

When i bring the bag home, i say to myself that i'll just eat a few of them at a time and it'll last for a few weeks. However the entire bag is always gone by the end of the night. I even scrape out the little crumples at the bottom of the bag. LOL

I’m the same waist size as I was when I started the Sheriffs academy at 27, Cracker Jack and Beer Nuts really isn’t too bad. For some reason BBQ chips never appealed to me, if I’m doing chips it’s either Cape Cod Dark Russet or UTZ Cheddar & Sour Cream

• Options
    edited November 9, 2019 7:49PM

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

I love Cheetos, which is why watching you put them up your nose so distresses me.

But my favorite game day snack is Fritos and Ro-Tel dip.

Cheetos are probably the best, the problem is you cannot have a handful, they are cryptonite for me so I stay away. I actually don’t mind the “Low Fat” ones but don’t bother. Fritos are a strong option though

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 8:46PM

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

I’m the same waist size as I was when I started the Sheriffs academy at 27,

happy 28th bday.

btw if you guys are over 45, did your waist used to be 44?

• Options

Which is a sansabelt 42.

• Options

@Brick said:
    I'm still the same waist size now as I was 40 years ago. Fat ass then, fat ass now.

If you were a woman, i'd be turned on right now. LOL

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

I’m the same waist size as I was when I started the Sheriffs academy at 27, Cracker Jack and Beer Nuts really isn’t too bad. For some reason BBQ chips never appealed to me, if I’m doing chips it’s either Cape Cod Dark Russet or UTZ Cheddar & Sour Cream

They sound pretty damn good. 🥔-chip

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

It was 44 pant size at one time - i'm not kidding. That's the highest i ever got.

Down to a comfortable 36 now, although a 34 might fit. No special dieting at all, just got rid of virtually all junk food, especially ice cream which i used to love. The weight just naturally came off.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

I will be 45 in a little over one year. My goal is to get my waist under 40 by then. Wish me luck... 😬

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

I will be 45 in a little over one year. My goal is to get my waist under 40 by then. Wish me luck... 😬

My advice would be don't do any of those "special diets" especially the ones you have to pay for.

Instead of junk food for snacks, substitute unsalted raw nuts such as walnuts, almonds, and pecans. Other unsalted raw nuts and seeds are still infinitely better than junk food.

Organic vegetables are delicious and healthy. Eat more of that and less meat. But when you do consume meat, eliminate processed meats in the frozen food section or in a can. Nothing but fresh chicken and fish for me. And i've gotten in the good habit of eating more fish than chicken.

Ocean caught salmon and flounder are winners. Some other fishes once in a while such as farm raised trout or catfish i enjoy.

Best not to consume meat two days in a row for a multitude of reasons. Whenever i have a nice fish or chicken dinner, i avoid meat the next day and sometimes for two or three days.

In the beginning of trying to lose weight, most of the time, even with the healthier diet, you're going to need to consume smaller portions. Then when you get back to the weight level you desire, you can start eating a bit more again so you then maintain the level you want to be.

I'll stop here before it becomes a dissertation. Plenty of good advise about diet available on the internet. :)

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 5:51AM

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

I WISH I was 28! I’m 49 and Waist is 33, been that way for over 20 years 👍👍

• Options

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

My advice would be don't do any of those "special diets" especially the ones you have to pay for.

Instead of junk food for snacks, substitute unsalted raw nuts such as walnuts, almonds, and pecans. Other unsalted raw nuts and seeds are still infinitely better than junk food.

Organic vegetables are delicious and healthy. Eat more of that and less meat. But when you do consume meat, eliminate processed meats in the frozen food section or in a can. Nothing but fresh chicken and fish for me. And i've gotten in the good habit of eating more fish than chicken.

Ocean caught salmon and flounder are winners. Some other fishes once in a while such as farm raised trout or catfish i enjoy.

Best not to consume meat two days in a row for a multitude of reasons. Whenever i have a nice fish or chicken dinner, i avoid meat the next day and sometimes for two or three days.

In the beginning of trying to lose weight, most of the time, even with the healthier diet, you're going to need to consume smaller portions. Then when you get back to the weight level you desire, you can start eating a bit more again so you then maintain the level you want to be.

I'll stop here before it becomes a dissertation. Plenty of good advise about diet available on the internet. :)

That was a quick derail of the junk food thread.

o:)

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

Usually a derailment comes much quicker really though

• Options

So far athlete free though.

There was a good story about Gates Brown stuffing a couple hot dogs under his shirt when Mayo Smith called him up to pinch hit.

;)

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@stevek said:

happy 26th bday

@perkdog said:

happy 28th bday.

No Eagles game today, so i've got nothing better to do than derail threads and cause mischief. 😉

• Options

Go raw vegan for a year and a half, Steve and then we can talk.

;)

• Options

By then, ceiling tiles look good with a bit of almond butter on them.

:/

• Options

Steve says- Best not to consume meat two days in a row for a multitude of reasons. Whenever i have a nice fish or chicken dinner, i avoid meat the next day and sometimes for two or three days.

Neither fish nor chicken are meat. Meat is beef or buffalo or venison. etc.
    I like to have at least two or three burgers a week with fries and a pepsi. If not a burger
    my local cafe makes a good hamburger steak. My niece made some great soft shell beef
    tacos last night with a generous portion of meat in each one topped with taco sauce, shredded
    cheese and lettuce. I was able to put away three of them. Lasagna is another favorite I can never
    get enough of. Excellent to keep your strength up. Spaghetti and meatballs I highly recommend.
    Try to get your meat portion of your meal in everyday, its good for you.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consume fewer calories than you expend and you will lose weight, guaranteed. The details are unimportant.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

I expend a lot of calories at my job. I have to eat meat to keep my strength up.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Interesting thread !

Came here to scratch my Coin itch. Gotta go now. I got a few Food / Snack ideas to chase down the Aisles at my local Meijers.

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 8:52AM

@Darin said:
    I expend a lot of calories at my job. I have to eat meat to keep my strength up.

No you don't.

• Options

Beef is great but once you hit your 40’s it’s good to not over due it with too much Red Meat.

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 10:28AM

@Coinstartled said:

@Darin said:

No you don't.

<<< No you don't. >>>

That's exactly right.

Many animals such as elephants, buffalo, deer, etc, are herbivores, and there certainly isn't any lack of strength there.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Steve says- Best not to consume meat two days in a row for a multitude of reasons. Whenever i have a nice fish or chicken dinner, i avoid meat the next day and sometimes for two or three days.

Neither fish nor chicken are meat. Meat is beef or buffalo or venison. etc.
    I like to have at least two or three burgers a week with fries and a pepsi. If not a burger
    my local cafe makes a good hamburger steak. My niece made some great soft shell beef
    tacos last night with a generous portion of meat in each one topped with taco sauce, shredded
    cheese and lettuce. I was able to put away three of them. Lasagna is another favorite I can never
    get enough of. Excellent to keep your strength up. Spaghetti and meatballs I highly recommend.
    Try to get your meat portion of your meal in everyday, its good for you.

<<< Neither fish nor chicken are meat. Meat is beef or buffalo or venison. etc. >>>

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Game day junk food? For me it’s pizza.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Philly style soft pretzels. I'll buy them Sunday morning when they are still warm, have a few then and save a few for gametime.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, there is a convenience store within walking distance of my home, so I'm always walking to the store for supplies. Beer, chips, you name it. Last time I was in there, I was so smashed, that I couldn't even find the front door to leave. I believe the store camera caught the footage.

Kept that blue bowl straight though!

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Wife makes a killer hot sausage, queso and salsa concoction in the crockpot a few big games outta the year. I try to invite the fewest friends over on these weekends. can usually spot these games by the grocery run that was done a few days prior.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    Philly style soft pretzels. I'll buy them Sunday morning when they are still warm, have a few then and save a few for gametime.

Years ago on my way to work, there was a guy selling those soft pretzels on the sidewalk near a traffic light, and almost every morning i would buy one.

Of course you'd time it, stop the car, signal him, he'd quickly run over with a pretzel in a bag, and you'd quickly exchange the money for the pretzel through the open car window. Nobody would ever beep at ya for the hesitation in traffic - it was understood.

Damn those pretzels were good. :)

• Options

@artee said:

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, there is a convenience store within walking distance of my home, so I'm always walking to the store for supplies. Beer, chips, you name it. Last time I was in there, I was so smashed, that I couldn't even find the front door to leave. I believe the store camera caught the footage.

Kept that blue bowl straight though!

That is superb concentration.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

I used to go right to Federal pretzel and buy them as a kid. Still warm when you bought them. Now I can go to any one of many "pretzel factory" franchises and buy them.....without having to walk down to where they made them years ago.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going with buffalo chicken dip on Tostidos scoops. Easy to make, too!

Daniel