Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bo Jackson adventure completed!

The first baseball card I bought from my local card store in 1987 was the Bo Jackson topps future stars card, so I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for his cards.
Luckily earlier in the year he showed up at a signing in my town. I cracked out a Tiffany PSA 8 and a regular PSA 9 and off to the signing I went:

I went with the lighter blue sharpie to try and match the Royals blue in the card and was please with how the color appearance turned out. Of course then I sent back into PSA hoping my 8 & 9 would come back as an 8 & 9 of course more interested in the Tiffany grading out the same and here are the results. Hope you enjoy the adventure too:

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 12:58PM

Beautiful cards. Bo is one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2019 6:12PM

Bo Jackson was so exciting when he came into the league. Everyone growing up wanted the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl because you couldn't catch him. He was that awesome!

Congratulations!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Always an awesome feeling when you crack out cards to get signed and when they’re resubbed they retain their grades. Excellent!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome story! Great athlete and stunning cards!

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Best 30 for 30 out there.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking cards and autographs!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

I have alot of Bo cards I'm trying to let go if you are interestedpleasr check out my post card memorabilia bst

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

Nice! I'm a huge Bo fan myself. Slowly working on a signed rookie collection.

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I liked the first set so I added a couple more.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

SWEET!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Blue sharpie really pops well on the 1986 cards, well done!

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Blue sharpie really pops well on the 1986 cards, well done!

Yeah I agree the whole 1986 traded set show well for autographed cards with Bonds and Canseco especially nice too. I also really like 1984 for update for signatures.

And on the other end of the spectrum Larry Bird and Magic Johnson rookie cards are horrible signed.

• Options
    JustfishinjjJustfishinjj Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Bo was awesome- I also admired him when I was young with his ‘black and blue’ poster hanging above my bed and playing tecmo bowl on Nintendo. Good times. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful cards. Congrats on adding them to your collection. I really feel like the world was cheated when Bo received his hip injury. He was incredible to watch because you just never knew what he would do next and you didn't want to miss an appearance at the plate, in the outfield or with a football in his hands.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.