Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Can someone help me with my online showcase Digital Album

The more coins I add the smaller the coin images get on the first several pages get.
There really is no scale, rhyme or reason some are very small and others are large.
Maybe the showcase digital albums are meant for regular coins?

Below are some screenshots. But you can click on the link too.

Link to Pictorials

Other digital albums are fine but they do not have as many coins in it.

Toned type set looks fine

As well as the Conder tokens

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect if what you are experiencing is true, the size of your pictures are not consistent with each other. I do not know the size of all your tokens...but the layout looks fine to me.

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    I suspect if what you are experiencing is true, the size of your pictures are not consistent with each other. I do not know the size of all your tokens...but the layout looks fine to me.

The pictures are true views so shouldn't be an issue

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot help with the technical photography part, but the tokens are really nice.... Super display. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Moved to the Set Registry Forum, so that team can jump in.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019 11:44AM

The root cause of the problem is that the diameter of some of your tokens is unknown. The digital album looks at the diameter of the coin associated with the spec number and resizes coins on the page accordingly. If there is no diameter, (i.e., the diameter stored is 0), then the album uses a default size based on other stuff on the page.

The solution to this is to send David Talk ( @SetRegistryManager ) a list of tokens that you have for which the diameter specified is 0, along with the correct diameter.

I ran into the same thing with my Prime Number showcase set, although I haven't supplied accurate measurements yet.

Edit: Your links don't work, because you're not using the publicly viewable version of the set. Also, if your Conder tokens are all the same size, then you wouldn't notice a default size being used.

• Options

@messydesk said:
    The root cause of the problem is that the diameter of some of your tokens is unknown. The digital album looks at the diameter of the coin associated with the spec number and resizes coins on the page accordingly. If there is no diameter, (i.e., the diameter stored is 0), then the album uses a default size based on other stuff on the page.

The solution to this is to send David Talk ( @SetRegistryManager ) a list of tokens that you have for which the diameter specified is 0, along with the correct diameter.

I ran into the same thing with my Prime Number showcase set, although I haven't supplied accurate measurements yet.

Edit: Your links don't work, because you're not using the publicly viewable version of the set. Also, if your Conder tokens are all the same size, then you wouldn't notice a default size being used.

Hello @coinsarefun

@messydesk is correct, if we do not have the diamater of the tokens, medals or coins in our internal and CoinFacts systems, the digital albums will not show the correct sizing.

If there is a specific set that you have created a digital album or showcase for, that does not look like it is sized correctly, and you have the sizing information available to provide to PCGS, please email the information to SetRegistry@Collectors.com and put it to my attention.

In your email, please provide a link to the set composite in question and if possible, please provide the PCGS coin number, description of the coin and the diameter of the coin(s) in millimeters. As our team manually updates this information when it is provided, depending on the number of coins it may take a few weeks or months for the sizing information to be updated.

For example;
    1918-D 5C, coin #3938, diameter 21.20 MM

As always, should you experience any issues with your Digital Album or Set Registry in general, please email our team at SetRegistry@Collectors.com so that we can assist you.

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
  • Options

Ok, I guess I will do that. But since pcgs grades them don’t they already have the size on file?
    Also, is there a way to just have them all the same larger size?
    Otherwise if I change or upgrade the digital showcase I need to email and specify the diameter.
    One last question.....I don’t remember exactly how many but, if I have only 18-20
    tokens in the album they all look uniform size and look larger. With every token I add the first
    Few pages of tokens get smaller in diameter.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the quantity of text that goes into the album also affects the size the photos are displayed. Your tokens have fairly wordy descriptions compared to just a date and grade. Perhaps the text should be rendered in a smaller font if it won't fit in the budgeted space. Another alternative is to have alternate "album text" that is rendered in the album, but the full text shows when you hover a mouse pointer over it, but this is a suggestion for the developers.

• Options

@messydesk said:
    I wonder if the quantity of text that goes into the album also affects the size the photos are displayed. Your tokens have fairly wordy descriptions compared to just a date and grade. Perhaps the text should be rendered in a smaller font if it won't fit in the budgeted space. Another alternative is to have alternate "album text" that is rendered in the album, but the full text shows when you hover a mouse pointer over it, but this is a suggestion for the developers.

Well John, it took me long enough to search your suggestion and I agree.
    I changed the amount of tokens placed into the digital album.......no change
    I placed all same size tokens into digital album.......no change
    I placed different size tokens but same lines of text and bingo! works........now what?
    Can PCGS change the lines or size of fonts?