Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Ephraim Brasher Coin Silver Spoon for sale

I am selling an Ephraim Brasher coin silver spoon. It is 8.75" long and has "bright cut" engraving and an early block letter monogram. Marked "BRASHER". I also have one marked "EB" twice. Please contact me via PM for more information if interested. I am located in NC. Tks.

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eric P. Newman used to own some of these. Was at an ANA convention having dinner with some fellow numismatists years ago, and one of them told a story about visiting Eric to do some research and when he got to Eric's house Eric insisted on having tea on the veranda first to chat. When they finished chatting and were about to go into the house, Eric told him to turn the spoon over. BRASHER!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is kinda cool. How much are these worth?

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Price?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your asking price for the spoon?? And where in NC are you? (my daughter lives in NC)....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbc58....Thank you for your reply and associated information. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a nice spoon, I'm glad to see you posting here. :)

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's a lot of work involved to make a hand forged spoon!!! Cool item thanks for posting!!!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really cool video! Kinda hurts watching them take files to pretty decent looking spoons... but that finished product.. wow!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump

• Options
    cbc58cbc58 Posts: 26 ✭✭

Just out of curiosity - what does an authentic Brasher Doubloon go for ?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

Wow. Tks. Nice coin.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - that was a very cool demonstration - thanks for posting it. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

I have a large Theodore Dubosq spoon also... very good condition.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2019 12:52PM

A plain (not brightcut) Brasher spoon just sold today (11/13/19) at auction for $1400 plus a 22% buyers premium, or $1708 total. Link here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/77686916_c-1780-ephraim-brasher-coin-silver-serving-spoon FYI.

• Options

Just listed the other Brasher Spoon with EB marks on ebay: Item ID: 274104078513 for pics and info.

• Options
    edited October 10, 2020 2:28PM

FYI - the EB marked spoon has been sold. Have one "BRASHER" marked spoon left. Tks

• Options

My last BRASHER spoon has been sold. I am looking for other early coin silver spoons and American silver to buy - pre 1820, one piece or an entire collection. Please send me a PM if you have something for sale. Tks.

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

If any one is interested. This is available

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com