Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Buck from Buck's

Anybody else have "A Buck from Buck's?" I had one of these since I was a kid and I'm currently organizing my "hoard" and ran across one in a box and remembered I'd seen one earlier and found it. Not sure where the 2nd one came from. I looked up Buck's and it's a restaurant that opened in 1936. Might have to stop by some day and see if these are still a give-away! Maybe just a prez buck now.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave .... Very impressive collection.... had no idea there were so many. I knew it was popular at one time, but thought it was a brief fad and localized to a couple of areas. Thanks for showing us the collection. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic items being shown here.

I am amazed any survived. I imagine that more than a few of the stickers were removed over the years by collectors trying to improve the coins, and who would have blamed them?

The closest I have is a "Coors Dollar"- a Coors Brewing Company sticker on a Sacagawea dollar. Mine is just like the one pictured at the bottom of this page:

http://www.smalldollars.com/dollar/page25.html

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some awesome "Bucks" & "Dollars". I've only see two or three of these, but there seems to be many more.

Thanks for sharing them. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Wagon Wheel Lodge....I had my workplace Christmas party there 35+ years ago. Since been torn down.I think past Olympic figure skater Janet Lynn practiced there.
    Very nice collection.

Rob
  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cliff Mishler always had a pic or 2 of stickered dollars in his Numismatic News column. He must have collected quite a few over the years. I always thought they were interesting

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is interesting :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file