Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New York International Show

I want to go to this show in January.
It seems from the bourse map that the show is much smaller than FUN or the ANA and maybe even like a larger regional show.
Is that true? Can the bourse be covered in a day?
Any other thoughts would be welcomed.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can definitely be covered in a day yet if you want to take in the entire experience and get to see the breadth of dealers, material and collectors I would advise 2 days at a minimum.

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with @Zohar - since my focus is narrow, I can cover it in one day. It helps that the show opens and closes late 10am-7pm.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out all the auctions for that week .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2019 3:59PM

Now considering flying in Thursday for lot viewing and auction. Friday would be bourse. I have paid for Early Bird at FUN but so many dealers aren’t ready for business there, I question if it’s worth it here.
    Any collectors planning same thing? Any body interested in connecting Thursday?
    Is it yet known how the big multi-firm auction will be broken up ?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:
    Now considering flying in Thursday for lot viewing and auction. Friday would be bourse. I have paid for Early Bird at FUN but so many dealers aren’t ready for business there, I question if it’s worth it here.

I'm down. Flying in on Wednesday with the family. Going to go the early bird route, but not betting on a lot of material for me. But you never know. Wine and cheese at Andy's table is usually the highlight of that show for me ;)

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

@Yorkshireman said:

I'm down. Flying in on Wednesday with the family. Going to go the early bird route, but not betting on a lot of material for me. But you never know. Wine and cheese at Andy's table is usually the highlight of that show for me ;)

Won't make it this time (2020) I will be at FUN ......wife wants to go to Disneyworld !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to make it this year especially if the auctions are strong

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying. Would probably take the train in Thursday so would be around for a later meet up. Not sure if I'd go home Saturday or Sunday.

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:

The NYINC auction schedule is already set. Just go to their web site. If you come in Thursday, then you only have SB remaining. The others start Sunday and finish Wednesday.

Yes, the dealers are all ready for Professional Preview (early bird).

I’ll be doing lot viewing the weekend prior, and then checking into my room Wednesday so I can attend Day 2 of Triton. And, of course, I’ll pay to do the Thursday session.

I leave on Saturday.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2019 7:26AM

I see that the schedules are posted, but when will we know what is in each session?> @EVillageProwler said:

@Yorkshireman said:

The NYINC auction schedule is already set. Just go to their web site. If you come in Thursday, then you only have SB remaining. The others start Sunday and finish Wednesday.

Yes, the dealers are all ready for Professional Preview (early bird).

I’ll be doing lot viewing the weekend prior, and then checking into my room Wednesday so I can attend Day 2 of Triton. And, of course, I’ll pay to do the Thursday session.

I leave on Saturday.

EVP

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:
    I see that the schedules are posted, but when will we know what is in each session?

Usually by the end of November or very early December for the auction houses. Sovereign Rarities (as part of a group effort involving Goldberg's, Markov and others) already posted info on their portion. I expect HA, SB, CNG and others to start sending out flyers soon to entice folks to make their travel plans early. The NY show attracts many folks where it is less convenient to go to the Japan and HK shows, or to the Berlin and London shows -- depending on one's locale and collecting interest.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com