Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Am I the only one who...?

...is so mentally entrenched in set building and completion that I have a really hard time buying a single card that I enjoy just because it doesn't apply to any set I collect?

Is anyone uncomfortable having a single card used in multiple different sets? For example, I need several signed copies of the 1961 Topps Johnny Robinson card because it can be applied to multiple sets I collect, so I think I have 4-5 of them. In your Set Registries, do you apply a single card/cert number to multiple sets?

What are your other collecting quirks?

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started a 'Random cards that I like' set to get past the first hurdle. They're in a special box that's always near my desk to be able to pull out and enjoy whenever I feel like it.

I don't have a problem with a single card that is applied to multiple sets, just establish a clear hierarchy for which one it gets stored with. For me it's Player -> HoF RC -> Factory, YMMV. If it's cheap enough, I'll pick up multiple copies to keep one with each, but generally I'd rather have a new acquisition than a duplicate.