Home Sports Talk

Can you say Zion without thinking Greg Oden?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

hmmmm? maybe not yet, but...

Zion Williamson has surgery today to repair torn meniscus in right knee and is expected to miss six to eight weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/sports/zion-williamson-surgery.html

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2019 4:12PM

I was looking forward to seeing him go up against Lebaby Jerk. It's a shame, I hope he recovers because I'd like to see King Jerk get dunked on. I'd just like to see Lebaby Jerk try to stop a healthy Zion.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

280 pounds and jumps higher than David Thompson did. that's unprecedented freakiness, but it's also a perfect storm for turning a knee into shrapnel. in college the guy completely blew out a shoe for crying out loud -- something i had never in my life seen before.

if i was in the Pels org i would implore him to lose some weight

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fat shaming is not allowed in modern society and you have now been assigned to work camp #73.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I was looking forward to seeing him go up against Lebaby Jerk. It's a shame, I hope he recovers because I'd like to see King Jerk get dunked on. I'd just like to see Lebaby Jerk try to stop a healthy Zion.

Don't worry Lebaby Jerk is on his way out.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

After the shoe blowout he was lucky to make it to the NBA. Probably a short career but plenty of money as a consolation.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

Fat shaming is not allowed in modern society and you have now been assigned to work camp #73.

if it's a one-week banarama i got this

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

he is definitely carrying too much weight for his knees/hips/ankles to support for a long career. He has had knee injuries in every level he has played at: high school, college and Pro.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Tell us how you really feel

• LePrecious James.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know being around many Knick fans, I told th em that winning the lottery meant NOT gettin the first pick.

Zion Williamson has an upside of Blake Griffin - which is very high - but I can’t see him being a true franchise player.

I thought, if I had the 1st pick, I would have taken RJ Barrett. I think his game could translate very well to the pros.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I thought, if I had the 1st pick, I would have taken RJ Barrett. I think his game could translate very well to the pros.

Good call - Barrett & Morant have started strong and most importantly - stayed healthy

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

will he ever play?

Alvin Gentry says a November return to Pelicans ‘too ambitious’ for Zion Williamson

https://clutchpoints.com/alvin-gentry-says-a-november-return-to-pelicans-too-ambitious-for-zion-williamson/