Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

After Heritage hack, my log in credentials were compromised...

This could be a coincidence, but just received an email from a credit alert system to notify me that the email I use to log in HA.com has been detected on the dark web... there you have it. I posted this on the official Heritage hacking thread but several members asked me to start a new thread on this so people were aware. Changes passwords, monitor credit, etc. I also started a thread in the US coins section, but I know many of us do not go there frequently.

Comments

• Options
    fluffy155fluffy155 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭✭

You can always check to see if your email has been compromised at the Have I been Pwned website. They maintain a database of emails that have been compromised in various breaches.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fluffy155 said:
    You can always check to see if your email has been compromised at the Have I been Pwned website. They maintain a database of emails that have been compromised in various breaches.

Yes, I did check right after the mail.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fluffy155 said:

Didn’t know this website. Good thing I my info wasn’t taken

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

never knew about the site, just checked, whew I'm ok

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now guys, lets check your pass words????
    do it here and you will be surprised:
    https://howsecureismypassword.net/

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:
    Now guys, lets check your pass words????
    do it here and you will be surprised:
    https://howsecureismypassword.net/

Interesting mine takes 4 days

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked, oddly the email Heritage has is not on there, but my other email is. It's not one I use for anything important, but I suppose I can spend the next few days re-doing passwords. Sigh. Every time this sort of thing happens (whether I'm affected or not) it reminds me to do some password housecleaning.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps you should check out Dashlane.com and see if that is for you?
    works like a charm for me

Today is the first day of the rest of my life