Home U.S. Coin Forum

What...JM Bullion purchases Provident Metals

Is this true?

Transactions..
wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard

Comments

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

Must be. The email I got states it happened in August. We're late to the party. :D

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2019 4:54PM

I like Provident. Bought a lot of cool stuff from them.
    I also like Pinehurst. Bought a lot of cool stuff from them.
    They may be next. Or vice versa.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've generally bought all my bullion from provident metals. Interesting to know the news.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a email today that JM bullion did in-fact buy provident metals!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Provident's site is down. Oh well. I liked them a lot!

@erwindoc said:
    Provident's site is down. Oh well. I liked them a lot!

No it’s not....... still works for me

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Merger or acquisition?

There is a difference.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019 6:50AM

Interesting....I've purchased from both and never had an issue with either one.

https://findbullionprices.com/blog/jm-bullion-acquires-provident-metals/

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

Provident always seemed to send me very nice bullion coins (ie Queen's Beast) without the mars and scratches that others seem to be plagued with.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭

I find Provident to have the best prices on ATB 5oz bullion, so that's where I purchase those. I do not like that they offer "pre-orders" on bullion at least a month before it is available. I never do this and am very wary of paying for bullion that I don't physically receive shortly thereafter.

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I just checked Providents website and the prices for 90% junk have jumped overnight and the selection is much smaller than last week.
    Also the prices for Eagles and generic rounds have increased since Friday's close.
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

@BobSav said:
    I just checked Providents website and the prices for 90% junk have jumped overnight and the selection is much smaller than last week.
    Also the prices for Eagles and generic rounds have increased since Friday's close.
    Bob

S that’s a shame. I’ve bought a lot of 90% from Provident

• SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consolidation is rarely good for the consumer.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've purchase bullion from both companies in the past without any problems. I'm sure this merger will not result in any deterioration in their service.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big fish swallows little fish. Eat fish. It's good.

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Big fish swallows little fish. Eat fish. It's good.

Well... not for the lit’l fish. :D

The Provident website is a mess.....I find they either they don’t have pricing or have a jumbled mess of product.
    Moving on up to another provider.
    Thanks Provident for the old days!

edited October 22, 2019 7:09PM

Did JM bullion purchase provident and all its assets including its stockpile of bullion?

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going on the P website, I do not see it mentioned.

LCoopie = Les
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Merger or acquisition?

There is a difference.

This says acquired https://findbullionprices.com/blog/jm-bullion-acquires-provident-metals/

OCTOBER 19, 2019 BY FINDBULLIONPRICES.COM
    JM Bullion Acquires Provident Metals
    FindBullionPrices.com
    Bulk Silver Rounds
    Provident Metals announced today that it had been acquired by JM Bullion in August 2019.

Details of the acquisition have been kept quiet until now. Though rumors have been circulating in online precious metals forums and social media for several months.

It appears as though Provident Metals will be maintained as a separate brand from JM Bullion and continue to operate independently. This is similar to the previous purchase of Silver.com in 2012.

In the announcement from Provident Metals, they indicate that the new ownership structure has allowed them to improve upon their e-commerce and order fulfillment capabilities.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

@1630Boston said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Merger or acquisition?

There is a difference.

This says acquired https://findbullionprices.com/blog/jm-bullion-acquires-provident-metals/

OCTOBER 19, 2019 BY FINDBULLIONPRICES.COM
    JM Bullion Acquires Provident Metals
    FindBullionPrices.com
    Bulk Silver Rounds
    Provident Metals announced today that it had been acquired by JM Bullion in August 2019.

Details of the acquisition have been kept quiet until now. Though rumors have been circulating in online precious metals forums and social media for several months.

It appears as though Provident Metals will be maintained as a separate brand from JM Bullion and continue to operate independently. This is similar to the previous purchase of Silver.com in 2012.

In the announcement from Provident Metals, they indicate that the new ownership structure has allowed them to improve upon their e-commerce and order fulfillment capabilities.

Seemingly a friendly acquisition.

Thanks for the info @1630Boston.

I got an email saying that provident is back up.

• I called Provident in TX and got JM Bullion in LA. Threw a fit until they reinstated quantity discounts. "multiples of 500 ship in sealed monster boxes" is untrue. You get a cardboard box.

• I heard JM Bullion was putting counterfeit silver out there . and their reviews were bad? what say you . I started buying from Provident Metals, and just read last night JM bought them out and I have a 1 Troy ounce Silver round that turns up when I weigh it as 32. the other ones are 31.05 and they were from the same brand. That's not good huh? I'm new at this so any advice?

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 11:13AM

Welcome. Your first sentence is a violation of forum rules and a mighty unusual way to introduce yourself. Perhaps rethink your public remarks. (Personal complaint. Someone said, I heard, read somewhere not exactly trusted sources)🤨🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file