Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NP From the Pittsburgh PAN Fall Show

I need to work on my photography skills (like my 2x4 supports in the shot and dust/hair on the Air-tite for starters.). That said, an 1852o VF20- a bit lighter than shown for $75.00. And a 1924s Peace, solid MS for $46.00. As for the show, tremendous turn out, about a thousand people at noon- lots of younger collectors buying. In the 8-12 range which was awesome.

Thanks for looking and commenting in advance.

Comments

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you had a good show. Nice pickups!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice acquisitions.....Anything else to report about the show?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the dimr

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019 8:06AM

@ricko said:
    Nice acquisitions.....Anything else to report about the show?? Cheers, RickO

I was there and here are my honest thoughts:

Trying to educate an old High School friend who has just started collecting coins, in recent years....he is an 'old newbie' and was my traveling companion for the day. ;) I helped him to pick out a nice MS 64 PCGS 1878-S Morgan that had nice toning....it wasn't rainbow but more of a copper/bronze color that looked original. It was nice and he was happy with it. He got it at GS ask. He bought some nice, raw Large Cents, too, that I approved of.

I saw a VERY nice Morgan PCGS 1888-S in 64 that I've been trying to find. Price was $900, which was a little high, so I tried to negotiate. He said that he'd come down $20 bucks. Only 2% on an almost $1000 coin? I took his card and moved on. I wasn't really ready to buy, so I didn't want to make a real serious offer, just yet....Maybe, I'll call him and negotiate later, when I'm ready....Just too many irons in the fire, right now....

I looked at an 1889-S Morgan PCGS 63 that was clean for the grade but had a very distracting large spot of white haze. The dealer told me that it was probably from spending time in an album but I begged to differ. If it was 'album rub' it wouldn't have graded 63 and was likely a byproduct of a bad rinse, IMHO, so I passed on the coin.

I have two threads going about a 1934 WLH and 1914 Buff nickel that I DID purchase, so feel free to check those out. ALL IN ALL a very GOOD SHOW and very well attended. Lotsa youngsters there and that made me feel very GOOD about the future of Numismatics.

You would have really liked it @ricko , b/c there was a GUN SHOW going on there, at the SAME TIME, in the same facility. LOL!!

Had an excellent veal parmesan and spaghetti dinner with a good Chardonnay on the way home. :)

After spending most of my 16 hour day on the road; I went straight to bed.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file