Home U.S. Coin Forum

The story of my last 1934 Walker.

WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 19, 2019 12:48PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Owned FIVE of them...

My first 1934 P Walker was an NGC 66 in an old #7 slab from HA. I held it for many years. Fields were clean and strike was outstanding but luster wasn't all that good and there was a contact mark on Liberty's outstretched arm. It was in my set for many years ATS, until I sold it to my local guy.

Then came along a 1934 PCGS 66 coin. It was sharp and lustrous, except the head was a bit soft. I got it from Bozarth Numismatics. It didn't have a sticker but it had very smooth surfaces. I eventually sold that one, too, to an eager buyer.

I bought a 1934 NGC 66 from GC, in an old gold foil #3, no-line fatty, that was fully sharp, clean, lustrous and original. I'll be certainly keeping that one for good. :smiley:

I still needed a PCGS coin. So, I found that sharpest, most lustrous, 1934 66 that I'd ever seen from Pinnacle with a CAC sticker. It had nice rim toning but it had a distracting fingerprint that I just couldn't get past, so it went back on the market. That one was tough to let go of, as it was a real blazer!

Finally, found the right 1934 PCGS coin, yesterday, and is the last 1934 P that I'll ever buy! A MS 66 +!! I love it in every way! It comes from Stateline Coin Exchange. Now, I have the two perfect ones from EACH service. Thanks for looking!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Comments

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very nice walker, with a touch of attractive toning too.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow- great story to go with a terrific coin!!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Interesting. Any reason for your interest in 1934?

The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic upgrade story! I’m very glad you’ve “finally found what I’m looking for” as U2 would sing!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vplite said:
    Interesting. Any reason for your interest in 1934?

No, just a tough issue to find in good technical condition overall.

I also wanted a PCGS coin for my registry set here, b/c my other is an NGC coin.

FWIW-The 1934 is the toughest Philadelphia issue, in high grade, from 1934-1947.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is indeed a very nice WLH....one of my favorite coins....Cheers, RickO

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, that is beautiful!!

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great toning, clean fields, good feathers and nice strike :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file