Home Sports Talk
Options

Your favorite sitcom characters.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton. Nuff said.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Basil Fawlty - Fawlty Towers
    Colonel Henry Blake - MASH
    Coach Ernie Pantusso - Cheers
    Frank Costanza - Seinfeld
    Hal - Malcolm in the Middle
    Jimmy James - NewsRadio (not really, but Stephen Root is the funniest actor of all time and deserves a shout out)
    Michael Scott - The Office

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

Jimmy James - NewsRadio (not really, but Stephen Root is the funniest actor of all time and deserves a shout out)

Stephen Root is the voice of a couple characters on "King of the Hill" one being Bill Dauterive. Awesome work.

https://youtu.be/7nkrzI9GwNk

PS Hope you guys don't mind me posting "cartoons". I actually only watch a few, but the few I watch I consider rather legendary and epic- so I like to sometimes add them into the mix.... :D

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Stephen Root is the voice of a couple characters on "King of the Hill" one being Bill Dauterive. Awesome work.

Everything Root does is awesmoe. Milton in Office Space, the blind radio guy in O Brother, Fuches in Barry, the bank teller in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs are Stephen Root at his best, and nobody does it better.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019 6:55PM

@dallasactuary I don't know all of that work, so you gave me some things to look for. Thanks!

Edit to add: His Office Space character is so legendary. It transcends. It is perfect.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I don't know all of that work, so you gave me some things to look for. Thanks!

Edit to add: His Office Space character is so legendary. It transcends. It is perfect.

Milton may be the funniest movie character of all time. Root's roles in O Brother Where Art Thou and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs are short but absolutely hysterical. Barry is on HBO now and is a great show. His character, Fuches, is pure scum, but Root finds ways to make him funny.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

As we are on to page two, this "Raymond" scene deserves an honorable mention.

https://youtu.be/CGMTmRM22nk

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jack Tripper (John Ritter) - Three’s Company

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 4:52PM

Ralph Kramden
    Archie Bunker
    Sam Malone
    Fred Sanford
    Jerry Seinfeld

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Jason Alexander
    Christopher Lloyd. Iggy was just hilarious. I laugh inside just thinking about the episode where he has to retake his driver test.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kramer adopting a stretch of highway episode of Seinfeld still makes me laugh when I think about it.
    Hanging out his car door with a paint brush changing the lanes. :p

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Kramer adopting a stretch of highway episode of Seinfeld still makes me laugh when I think about it.

He was the only thing really funny on that show. The other characters were simply annoying, or was that the point?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

He was the only thing really funny on that show. The other characters were simply annoying, or was that the point?

You're definitely in the minority with that opinion. Seinfeld was one of the funniest shows in TV history.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    You're definitely in the minority with that opinion. Seinfeld was one of the funniest shows in TV history.

The Bizarro Jerry is one of the funniest half hours ever.

• Options

@MLBdays said:
    Hawkeye Pierce in Mash.... Alan Alda. A one of a kind.

Also starred in a splendid movie with Ellen Burstyn, Same Time Next Year.

Currently teaches classes at Stonybrook on Long Island...

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

the episode where Kramer goes dumpster diving and rebuilds the Merv Griffin set in his apartment slays me every time

has anyone mentioned JJ Evans?

• Options

Newman and Kramer in the mail truck ducking golf clubs was classic television.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

Yes I am.

I love sit-coms. I have watched quite a bit of Seinfeld, some of the episodes were amusing, but to put it the top 20-30 comedy shows ever? Without Richards it would have been unwatchable.

I just don't see it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@grote15 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

Yes I am.

I love sit-coms. I have watched quite a bit of Seinfeld, some of the episodes were amusing, but to put it the top 20-30 comedy shows ever? Without Richards it would have been unwatchable.

I just don't see it.

I found Seinfeld to be an irritating straight man, but that was his roll and he played it expertly. Elaine was good enough to stay within her range and not mes things up. George was the star, Kramer a good back up and if the producers had more sense, Newman would have been a regular.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seinfeld was good in it's day, but is pretty difficult to watch most episodes now. Much of the humor didn't age well and it's really targeted to NY'ers/NE coast.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    Seinfeld was good in it's day, but is pretty difficult to watch most episodes now. Much of the humor didn't age well and it's really targeted to NY'ers/NE coast.

Best (?) episode "The Soup Nazi" was supposedly inspired by the owner "Mayslacks", a bar/restaurant in NE Minneapolis.

The guy was an ex professional wrestler and would get upset if you didn't know exactly what you wanted. I went there once and no sandwich is so good I am going to have to take crap from the guy selling it to me.

By the way, I managed to get my meal without incident. Good roast beef sandwich.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    Hawkeye Pierce in Mash.... Alan Alda. A one of a kind.

Also starred in a splendid movie with Ellen Burstyn, Same Time Next Year.

just a phenomenal actor, one of the best shows ever on TV. That was an excellent movie as well; didn't get a lot of publicity but still very good and entertaining

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Best (?) episode "The Soup Nazi" was supposedly inspired by the owner "Mayslacks", a bar/restaurant in NE Minneapolis.

The guy was an ex professional wrestler and would get upset if you didn't know exactly what you wanted. I went there once and no sandwich is so good I am going to have to take crap from the guy selling it to me.

By the way, I managed to get my meal without incident. Good roast beef sandwich.

The character was actually based on Ali Yeganeh who owned and operated Soup Kitchen International in NYC.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don Knotts I loved in Three's Co. and Barney Fife.....

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite comedic actors was Tim Conway.
    Although 'The Carol Burnett show' might not be classified as a sitcom, Conway was brilliant.
    It was one of the few shows back in the day my whole family watched, along with 'Happy Days'.

• Options

Snyder ........ from One Day at a Time.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@Darin said:
    Although 'The Carol Burnett show' might not be classified as a sitcom, Conway was brilliant.
    It was one of the few shows back in the day my whole family watched, along with 'Happy Days'.

The Dentist.

Outrageous

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@Darin said:

The Dentist.

Outrageous

Are you an anti-dentite, LOL..

• Options

@Darin said:

This (Conway)
    https://youtu.be/-2OkR35ketA

and this (not Conway)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW5j8I4uaZU

are still the funniest things I've ever seen on television.