Home Sports Talk
Options

WILL THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GO 16-0 IN THE 2019 NFL REGULAR SEASON?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 28, 2019 3:11PM in Sports Talk

YES: +4:1
NO: -7:1

*sorry for the caps- it was a copy/paste

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

The correct answer is NO

Even if Brady stays healthy, the Patriots won't do it.

Brady is now what, 82 years old, he can't keep doing this forever.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, even New England doesn't get to play the Jets or Dolphins every week.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

going to say yes if they stay healthy. I was looking at their schedule, the hardest game is the chiefs, but they have that game at home

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Bills don't beat them tomorrow, other teams with a good chance are
    Dallas, Baltimore, Philly, Houston, KC.
    Its clear they won't go unbeaten, my question would be will NE lose four in a row when they
    hit the tough part of their schedule.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way. I hate that it’s even a discussion in the Sports Media really, they haven’t played anyone that good except maybe the Steelers with Ben but they have some tough games. Heck the Bills are not a sure win like usual. I just want them to stay healthy, and make a first round bye with home field in the playoffs

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

no we have no run game and where are we going to find another rapist/receiver 4 weeks in?

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I doubt it - at Baltimore, Houston, Philadelphia - Home KC, Dallas - likely drop at least one of those

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019 2:10PM

No. There have injuries already to slow down the offense. There will be more.

Plus the place kicker is not steady and might be washed up. He could cost the Pats a number of games.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in the No camp.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

the stage could be set though.....

A young Daniel Jones could lead the Giants past the Aaron Rodgers led Packers in the NFC Championship Game leading to an eventual Giants - Patriots Super Bowl for all the marbles ala 2007.

As the last hurrah for Brady, he erases the only significant blemish on his record before heading down to TB12 island with Giselle.

I am going to say yes, book it.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options

Can we blow this thread up already. Please? 🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨

• Options

Thinking about it a little bit more, I don't think the Patriots will ever lose another game. I mean ever again.

They will keep winning and winning and winning and winning and winning, and then winning some more.

That is as long as they don't play the Philadelphia Eagles. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:
    Thinking about it a little bit more, I don't think the Patriots will ever lose another game. I mean ever again.

They will keep winning and winning and winning and winning and winning, and then winning some more.

I’m so upset, I know that I’m going to be wearing that Eagles 🦅 Avatar since they will destroy my beloved Patriots 😰

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

I’m so upset, I know that I’m going to be wearing that Eagles 🦅 Avatar since they will destroy my beloved Patriots 😰

Stop it right now! B)

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@flcardtrader said:

A young Daniel Jones could lead the Giants past the Aaron Rodgers led Packers in the NFC Championship Game leading to an eventual Giants - Patriots Super Bowl for all the marbles ala 2007.

As the last hurrah for Brady, he erases the only significant blemish on his record before heading down to TB12 island with Giselle.

Spoken like a true Giants fan. The guy quarterbacks the Giants past Tampa, which is mediocre at best, in a game the Giants should have lost and then beats a hapless Washington team that destined to finish last in their division. Now he’s knocking on the door of the Hall of Fame. I would say that’s a bit premature.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@flcardtrader said:

Spoken like a true Giants fan. The guy quarterbacks the Giants past Tampa, which is mediocre at best, in a game the Giants should have lost and then beats a hapless Washington team that destined to finish last in their division. Now he’s knocking on the door of the Hall of Fame. I would say that’s a bit premature.

😂😂😂👍👍

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Lol, born in Warwick, RI in 1967 and been a Pats fan since the days of Chuck Fairbanks.

It was a joke guys.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they don't, unless it is necessary to get home field advantage. A loss or two or three is good for the team.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Even the Patriots aren't good enough cheaters to make that happen.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2019 2:21AM

@artee said:
    Even the Patriots aren't good enough cheaters to make that happen.

Just scream WHAAAAAAAAAAA I don’t like the Patriots! , fold your arms and stamp your feet. They are the best ever, get over it and hope your team makes the playoffs 😂😂😂