Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

this website is broken

I'm sure they're working on it but it's been over a week that it's almost impossible to navigate. refreshing several times just to get one subject to read about is not my idea of fun. I've given up many times but I want to be able to visit and navigate as easily as I once could. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't have any issues with any of my other "go to" websites.

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

No bandwidth or internet related problems over here. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't had any issues.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zero issues here.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Check your connection and more importantly your ISP.

Open a command window (assuming this is windows) and type

tracert -d forums.collectors.com

You will see the path. Note that node #9 simply chooses not to respond to the trace. But if you get no further, there is a problem between your ISP and one of it's peering points...

`Tracing route to site-6027503.onvanilla.net [162.159.138.78]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms 192.168.42.1
    2 5 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.242.1
    3 175 ms 60 ms 24 ms 142.254.141.61
    4 34 ms 27 ms 28 ms 24.164.208.1
    5 20 ms 22 ms 17 ms 24.175.49.251
    6 22 ms 25 ms 15 ms 24.175.36.208
    7 41 ms 25 ms 19 ms 24.175.49.0
    8 22 ms 19 ms 24 ms 66.109.6.88
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 19 ms 16 ms 19 ms 4.16.234.182
    11 20 ms 17 ms 16 ms 162.159.138.78

Trace complete.`

I use a tool named pingplotter (they have a free version) that pings say this forum every 15s ... if packets are being lost you'll see it in a few minutes of traces. Then normally what I do is look to see who owns the last node that responds, or the nodes between which there are problems, e.g. via https://www.ultratools.com/tools/ipWhoisLookupResult

66.109.6.88 is Charter Communications (which owns Spectrum) and
    4.16.234.182 looked up says it's Level 3.

That way when I call Spectrum's helpless desk, I can tell them it's not my equipment, it's their router handing off traffic to level 3. If you get somebody on the desk who isn't clueless, they can put a ticket in for level 2 or level 3 that gets some action.

I once ran this for weeks and was able to establish when it started and stopped on which days - which matched when the grass was being watered up by the community tennis court until their dog house dried out. They never admitted it, but somebody did show up to tighten the connections and there were no more problems.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which website is broken?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

All AOK here.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been running slower for me too, less so today. It wasn’t your imagination.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bstrauss, I am relieved that you use your powers for good. :)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to https://www.time.gov/

Does it work?

Good, what time is it?

:)

All green here.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭

The page does NOT load with Javascript enabled. It gives you a blank white page.
    Page works fine otherwise. Was working fine a week ago.

Using safari ipad hope webmaster can fix it promptly.

@pcgs_socialmanager

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Me too, thought it was my very old crappy 'puter

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad script or Java itself needs to be updated.

https://www.java.com/en/

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It works fine for me.... no problems at all, very fast. Google Chrome on a laptop. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I'm glad it's not just me. I have no issues on other websites and I never had a problem until recently. I'll continue to push through as well as I can because I really enjoy this site. I've learned many things about coins themselves and their history but also have learned of errors and new discoveries, how to identify cleaned coins, mint production numbers that add or diminish values, general histories, how to spot fraudulent sellers or foreign made reproductions, etc. I have profited on some purchases and was able to avoid major mistakes because of what I've learned here. So, PCGS thank you. Please see if there's any glitch in your system to make visiting a little easier.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    It has been running slower for me too, less so today. It wasn’t your imagination.

I've noticed idiosyncracies that have cropped up ...seemingly... since the Coinfacts integration with the forum.
    If it was.
    I thought that announcement indicated it was "improved."
    That can cause glitches.

The headlong dive into MOBILE compatibility has ...er... changed... a lot of sites.
    The users of desktops and laptops are on the back burner. :s

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'm sure they're working on it but it's been over a week that it's almost impossible to navigate. refreshing several times just to get one subject to read about is not my idea of fun. I've given up many times but I want to be able to visit and navigate as easily as I once could. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't have any issues with any of my other "go to" websites.

@Onedollarnohollar said:

I'm having the same problems as you are and have been for the past week.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problems are real and need to be addressed. This has been going on for about two weeks now.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very very slow for me today, all other sites seem normal. First I've noticed.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to use Chrome on this site and it runs great. IE quit working well with the last software change here. Exact same thing for me ATS. From what I'm being told, IE will be worthless in the future.

Larry

• Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭

Windows 7 tablet works better when I ran this site with Google browser than it did with Bing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file