Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...brass plated silver and only $1.78? What a deal.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

It cost me $3.00 to ship to the next state, and they can do this?

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindeDad said:

Very favorable agreements between post offices in different countries based on how much mail goes each way. Anything at a package rate to Hong Kong from the US is something on the order of $13 at the lightest weights.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    A seller can pay to promote the listing...... ebay is not sponsoring/promoting the listing.

This.

I've done it myself.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindeDad said:

This will be changing. The US just renegotiated the rules with the Universal Postal Union.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Self promoting.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta love the "travel souvenir" description .

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun

• Options
    Skrill90Skrill90 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    A seller can pay to promote the listing...... ebay is not sponsoring/promoting the listing

Still bad that the counterfeit sellers are confident enough to promote their listings

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a numbers game. If they can sell enough from the added exposure before the listing is pulled they made money.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

not a counterfeit. clearly described as a brass plated commemorative. Since it's not in the coin category it does not violated listing policy on no copy coins.

"When the rule of law collapses, civilization can no longer survive." - Martin Armstrong

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    not a counterfeit. clearly described as a brass plated commemorative. Since it's not in the coin category it does not violated listing policy on no copy coins.

That's not true via the Hobby Protection Act if it copies a coin design. It does indicate no attempt to deceive by the seller, but it probably does constitute a counterfeit if not marked "copy".

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2019 4:47AM

The lasted bad actor in the US let’s say the State that claims they are all nice. Was buying this kind of stuff and fake PCGS holders and selling after on web. But last I heard it cost em 15 years to life.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    earlycoinsearlycoins Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

All we can do is play wak-a-mole. But how do we get eBay to pay us for doing their job?

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    It's a numbers game. If they can sell enough from the added exposure before the listing is pulled they made money.

Exactly, however I'm hoping their bill and the trouble scares them from doing this again... but who am I kidding these counterfeiters don't appear to be rational.

• Options

@Kkathyl said:
    The lasted bad actor in the US let’s say the State that claims they are all nice. Was buying this kind of stuff and fake PCGS holders and selling after on web. But last I heard it cost em 15 years to life.

Wasn't even aware people were being prosecuted for this!! this is great to hear, do you have a link by any chance?

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Listed in Coin and Paper money so I turned it in as being a copy coin without COPY.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file