Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Few Quality Toned Morgan's.

The market for exceptionally toned coins just seems to be growing! With this being the case, here are a few of my favorites that have passed through my hands this past year.

The Grades are listed here from Top to bottom:
1885 MS64 PCGS
1881-S MS66+ PCGS
1881-S MS66* NGC
1881-S (MS66) Raw
1880-S MS65+ PCGS (PL Obv.)

To view my complete archive visit my site
www.cometcoinsgallery.com
Or check out my Instagram
@Comet_Coins

Comments

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2019 12:33PM

Welcome to the PCGS forum! Great first post - that 1885 is a special coin!

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭

Some awesome coins. Like your website! Excellent photos. Welcome to the forum!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldenEyeNumismatics said:
    Nice color! Why have you photoshopped out many of the contact marks?

Good eye! Is that what the blurred areas are?

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

The '80 looks like a MS66...

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Comet_Coins....Welcome aboard....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are beautiful!

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

Oh snap

• Options

These are just archived coins that are no longer for sale. So it's best they are seen in the best light!

• Options

So if they contact marks have been "blurred", which can easily be seen on several of the photos, then I have a hard time believing these photos haven't been juiced up.

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those coins are wearing some serious makeup. Hopefully the buyers got to see them in person and not just on Instagram.

• Options

The black beauty image was the only pic that has been altered and was not my original pic but the sellers. I just attached some pics to show an example of the coins I deal with. All the coins I have sold are represented accurately with professional photographs. Never have I had a complaint of improperly representing a coin. I just got on here and was not aware of the backlash I would receive for posting a couple very nice coins that have already sold Sorry for the crappy image of the terminally toned raw 81-S.

• Options

@david3142 said:
    Welcome to the PCGS forum! Great first post - that 1885 is a special coin!

Great to see someone I know on here who isn't attacking me! 😂
    Just to let y'all know this is the guy who bought the 85 from me and he absolutely loves it!

• Options

@CurrenSee said:
    So if they contact marks have been "blurred", which can easily be seen on several of the photos, then I have a hard time believing these photos haven't been juiced up.

Only the black beauty pic has been altered and was not my original pic but the sellers. All the other photos represent the coin accurately. Never have I had a complaint of a coin being misrepresented. The photos have not been juiced. The double crescent has a toning break in front of the face and that is not edited. I just got on here and wanted to show a few of the coins I've sold and didn't expect to get such a backlash. From now on I won't be lax about the pics I end up posting.

• Options

@Comet_Coins said:

@CurrenSee said:

Only the black beauty pic has been altered and was not my original pic but the sellers. All the other photos represent the coin accurately. Never have I had a complaint of a coin being misrepresented. The photos have not been juiced. The double crescent has a toning break in front of the face and that is not edited. I just got on here and wanted to show a few of the coins I've sold and didn't expect to get such a backlash. From now on I won't be lax about the pics I end up posting.

Then why not post the un-altered version... ? Like the one that's on your Instagram? Fishy.

• Options
    Comet_CoinsComet_Coins Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited September 30, 2019 2:33PM

@MFeld said:

@Comet_Coins said:
    These are just archived coins that are no longer for sale. So it's best they are seen in the best light!

If “seen in the best light” includes photo-shopping them to remove flaws, I strongly disagree.

The 81-S black beauty was the only pic that was altered and not my original picture, all the other coins are represented accurately with professional photographs. Never have I sold a coin with a crappy picture like that to represent it. All my buyers have been astounded with the quality coins they receive, David bought that 85-P blue up there and was thoroughly impressed. Sorry for not taking the time to consider the picture I posted of the raw black beauty, just something that was there in my camera roll and I wanted to show examples of what I deal in.

• Options

@scubafuel said:
    Those coins are wearing some serious makeup. Hopefully the buyers got to see them in person and not just on Instagram.

Many of them were seen and bought from Instagram and they were very satisfied. The only picture that is crap is the black beauty which was not mine but the sellers. All the other pictures represent the coin 100% accurately. No "make up"

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Comet_Coins....Welcome aboard....Cheers, RickO

Thank you but I probably won't be here long 😂

• Options

@littlebear said:
    Some awesome coins. Like your website! Excellent photos. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much!

• Options

@CurrenSee said:

@Comet_Coins said:

@CurrenSee said:

Then why not post the un-altered version... ? Like the one that's on your Instagram? Fishy.

It's not "fishy", it's called first time being on here and not knowing which picture was selected in my camera roll. And not taking the time to fix it.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can vouch for @Comet_Coins, I bought a super nice textile toned 1883-O NGC 64* Morgan from him, and the video and pics were not juiced in any way, the coin is great in hand. Aside from the raw 81-S, the other coins are not wearing "makeup".

• Options

To clarify the black beauty picture is not vmcoins (Jacob's) picture. But my own mishandling on the pictures in my camera roll.

• Options
    JonBrand83JonBrand83 Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see you here!

Jbknifeandcoin.com
    IG: jb_rarities

• Options
    machoponchomachoponcho Posts: 355 ✭✭✭

WOW! Wonderful combination of beauty and high grades there!

I have existed since the creation of this world and will exist until its end. Only my form will change. For these 80 human life years, I have the benefit of having a functioning body and consciousness. I will not waste this opportunity.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Comet_Coins said:

@MFeld said:

@Comet_Coins said:

If “seen in the best light” includes photo-shopping them to remove flaws, I strongly disagree.

The 81-S black beauty was the only pic that was altered and not my original picture, all the other coins are represented accurately with professional photographs. Never have I sold a coin with a crappy picture like that to represent it. All my buyers have been astounded with the quality coins they receive, David bought that 85-P blue up there and was thoroughly impressed. Sorry for not taking the time to consider the picture I posted of the raw black beauty, just something that was there in my camera roll and I wanted to show examples of what I deal in.

Thank you for the explanation. The coins are great looking and you sound like a straight shooter to me.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file