Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fewer coins for circulation dropped from U.S. coining presses in August than in July & year earlier

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 25, 2019 10:44AM in U.S. Coin Forum

U.S. Mint Production Pace Slows to 767.3 Million Coins in August
by MIKE UNSER on SEPTEMBER 24, 2019

Fewer coins for circulation dropped from U.S. coining presses in August than in July and a year earlier, manufacturing figures from the United States Mint show.

In the headline figure for the month, the U.S. Mint struck 767.3 million coins, marking declines of 36.2% from July and 7.7% from August 2018.

more data here from coinnews.net http://www.coinnews.net/2019/09/24/u-s-mint-production-pace-slows-to-767-3-million-coins-in-august/

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No indication of why the drop in production has occurred.... I am sure they base production on some kind of data...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2019 1:43PM

Only 767 million? Better start hoarding for future value.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who will actually use any of them? Everybody uses plastic, online, or their phone to pay for most stuff now.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that the banking and retail systems are already chock full of coins one cent through the quarter.

I have only recieved in my change three quarters dated 2019, and no cents, nickels or dimes. Usually we start seeing newly-dated Cents here in flyover country in June or July. This is now the end of September, of course.

Most new quarters coming through right now are still George Rogers Clark or Apostle Islands. I get a big kick out of the George Rogers Clark coin because the Illinois State Capitol building has a two-story tall painting of Clark's Treaty with the Indians - which may well be an event that never actually happened.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just think of how many "valuable" "errors" and "varieties" there are in that number of coins. ;)

All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file