Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Share some good stories from inside the coin shop.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

From both sides of the counter.

:)

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Stopped by the local coin shop and waited behind a guy ordering two monster boxes of ASE's. He loudly said so I can pick them up on the 11'th of next month. I told the dealer that the guy needed a lesson in discretion. He agreed.

Wisdom goes with that as well

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the heck is a Coin Shop?

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Stopped by the local coin shop and waited behind a guy ordering two monster boxes of ASE's. He loudly said so I can pick them up on the 11'th of next month. I told the dealer that the guy needed a lesson in discretion. He agreed.

Maybe he was really picking them up on the 8th.

;)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

LOL !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

My thoughts exactly....I left the PNW 11 years ago, and since then, saw only one coin shop, and that was in Wilmington, NC when visiting my daughter....This area is a coin desert... :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't been to the B/M for some time but as soon as I walked in I rec the hey where have you been haven't seeing you in a while and I side working. Then came the Dave has been out sick he was backed up but it's all good now they cleared his pip's.

We have no shame after we get to a certain age.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stories!

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

going to a coin shop tomorrow, I doubt i will have any "good" stories, just want to pick up a few coins for my albums...

• Options
    QCCoinGuyQCCoinGuy Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭

Worked in a shop for four years. Too many crazy stories to tell here, but my favourite phone call went as follows, translated from French.

Me: "Hello"
    Crazy woman: "Me, I have a round coin. IT'S WORTH SOMETHING???"
    Me: "I don't think so." Hangs up.

Much better when spoken with a heavy joual Quebecois accents (very low-brow, working class -- kind of like the Cockney of Quebec).

• Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, dis guy calls up and says he gots a good deal on sum coins at da swap meet.

Wants me to look at em and see what I thinks.

Then he tells me he gotsd a 1928 Hawaiian and 1918 Lincoln Halfs for only fifty bucks!

So I laughs, Haw Haw Haw, and let him have it and tells him I don't need to see em. Theys fakes for sure.

Boy, has dat guy got some learnin to do.
    Just Kidding >:)
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1025441/im-excited-to-share-my-new-half-dollars-with-results/p1

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2019 9:13PM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file