Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 Youth Coin and Currency Set (19RX) (HHL's lifted, on sale now)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 1, 2019 2:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Annnnnd, introducing the second Coin and Currency set, a youth initiative set, featuring The Mighty Minters, Timothy, Lina, Alex, Eli, and Layla! Price is set at $29.95 (almost twice the NA C&C set), and will be available on Halloween. (Oct 31, for you non-pagans.)

It will contain 5 clad (S-Mint) proof quarters, and a Series 2009 $2 FRN (from Cleveland, Atlanta, or Chicago). The image shows a low serial number, but no mention is made in the description. Hopefully, they get the FRN sealed correctly this time.

2019 Youth Coin and Currency Set (19RX)

Item Number: 19RX
Mintage Limit: None
Product Limit: 25,000
Household Order Limit: 1

Interestingly, the product number indicates this will be a yearly release. It may be half the product limit of the NA C&C set, but there isn't a special finish coin in this set. Maybe the $2 FRN will be a reverse proof... (No it won't.)

At least it looks colorful! I'll be in for one, just because. ;)

(I can't wait for a kid to rip the FRN out of this, then get arrested for trying to pass fake currency... :D)

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

That cardboard sure is getting expensive.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a nice set for YN's.... and if it sparks an interest, then that is good. Cheers, RickO

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the sets were limited to 1,000, a 3 digit serial number would be worth it, the way it is now, no way

@ricko said:
    It is a nice set for YN's.... and if it sparks an interest, then that is good. Cheers, RickO

I plan on getting some for the kiddo’s and it will also will satisfy my curiosity for the $2 notes.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

On sale today at Noon!

I'm in for one. Not sure why, probably to keep my C&C collection intact...

Zooming in on the Mint’s pics of the $2 leads me to believe these are mounted the same way as the NA C&C. We shall see if the moving $2s are non-moving this time around.

What helps is the environmental temps are lower this time of year and the glue shouldn’t melt/liquify/unbond/whatever (I’ve played around with the glue in the NA C&C set and even the smallest amount is sticky/tacky as heck) because of heat.

Then again... :|

Still will get “one/a few” since I’m waiting on a certain ASE and I can “practice” ordering. :o

For the record, 1 set, in and out...

USM071562xx

• TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

In and out in 30 seconds...
    USM071562xx

I noticed the same thing about the serial numbers, and with 12 Fed Banks it would be nice to get a double or triple number, I would guess the best ones will be held for the folks with connections...

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

No clue why I bought one but I did....

Shipped!

See how fast the mint can work if no one buys the product? :D

Busy day and forgot to order. :o

Maybe if you hurry you can still get one...or 20,000

@BigA said:
    Maybe if you hurry you can still get one...or 20,000

I’ll wait until it gets to the halfway mark... maybe Dec 2020?

:D:)

NO HH limit now.....grab 'em all. Don't wait 'cuz you might be shut out.

STILL trying to figure out why I bought one......

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    NO HH limit now.....grab 'em all. Don't wait 'cuz you might be shut out.

STILL trying to figure out why I bought one......

You know the old saying "Buy the packaging not the coin"

So, is it a sell out?

j/k :p

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turns out the coins in this set are PL and command a huge premium. The currency , all rare Star Notes and are also worth a fortune. ;););) Just kidding, but beware, someone may try to sell you one of these sets for a few hundred dollars!!!!

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Turns out the coins in this set are PL and command a huge premium. The currency , all rare Star Notes and are also worth a fortune. ;););) Just kidding, but beware, someone may try to sell you one of these sets for a few hundred dollars!!!!

The coins in this set had better be PL they are Proof Coins.

Whenever someone gets one please post a pic... of the FRN.

Well, it could have been worse...

11/3/2019 2019 YOUTH COIN & CURRENCY SET 5509

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like these sets will still be in the us mint catalog in 2022 :p

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Well, it could have been worse...

11/3/2019 2019 YOUTH COIN & CURRENCY SET 5509

WAG

-1 dealer bought 5500... nice number and rolls off the keyboard

-9 collectors or 3 collectors and 6 people buying for the kiddos

🤪

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine just arrived...

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Nice...that's kinda cool. Now glad I bought one

@Twobitcollector said:
    Mine just arrived...

and my other one showed up also....I already called and received the return label

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Uh oh... :/

At least the return label came quick @Twobitcollector.

@Twobitcollector said:
    and my other one showed up also....I already called and received the return label

The Mint/BEP is going to have to come up with a better solution. We've seen this problem since the 2014 Sac C&C set. (I don't recall it for the 2000 set...)

My set has been sitting at a FedEx facility now for three days. Smartpost. Grrrr......

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Twobitcollector said:

The Mint/BEP is going to have to come up with a better solution. We've seen this problem since the 2014 Sac C&C set. (I don't recall it for the 2000 set...)

My set has been sitting at a FedEx facility now for three days. Smartpost. Grrrr......

Both of mine were "smart post" and I was surprised how fast it arrived. I guess because no one was buy them the mint was able to get them out faster.

said:

Uh oh... :/

At least the return label came quick @Twobitcollector.

@Hemispherical
    That was another surprise.

Got mine. Perfect condition, deuce solidly in the window. (At least, if I tap the side, the bill doesn't leave the window.) I have to admit, it's a nice looking set, even if there's nothing to really get excited about in it. The FRN is a somewhat low number, but nothing to write home about...

D 00008224 A

• TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2019 4:32PM

Has anyone else noticed that the quarter's in the set are not referred to as "Proof" on the package, the finish of the coins are not mentioned anywhere on the package.
    They state on the mint site says they are, Proof and they do appear to be proofs.

I just thought it was funny that the set is for kids and it does not mention the process used, lot of empty space they could have used.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got mine and the $2 bill is also halfway stuck down in the window. Grrrrrrrr, really? C'mon Mint, I thought you guys learned a lesson from the last currency fiasco. I'm glad some of you got some "solid in the window".

@Onastone said:
    I just got mine and the $2 bill is also halfway stuck down in the window. Grrrrrrrr, really? C'mon Mint, I thought you guys learned a lesson from the last currency fiasco. I'm glad some of you got some "solid in the window".

Hope you get your return label in a reasonable amount of time.

And it continues...

—————

2019 Youth Coin and Currency set experiences packaging issues
    By Paul Gilkes , Coin World

The U.S. Mint packaging problems for joint 2019 numismatic products with the Bureau of Engraving and Printing continue.

For the third time in four years and second time in 2019, the U.S. Mint has issued a numismatic product pairing coins with a Federal Reserve note that has become dislodged from its intended compartment in the packaging.

The latest packaging snafu is being encountered with the 2019 Youth Coin and Currency set. The $29.95 set, which became available Oct. 31, combines Proof 2019-S versions of the five America the Beautiful quarter dollars for 2019 with a Series 2009 $2 Federal Reserve note.

Collector Gerald Haefling reported to Coin World Nov. 6 that the set he received to present to his grandchild has the $2 note “hopelessly stuck in the holder with a portion hidden, the same problem that occurred with the Native American set.”

More at: https://www.coinworld.com/news/paper-money/2019-youth-coin-and-currency-set-experiences-packaging-issues

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Mint is pulling them (again). They are now "Unavailable" ~~

Duh-Oh!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file