Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Members only show New Orleans in October

Is anyone going to this show?
I will be in New Orleans that week and want to know a little bit about the show like how many tables there are, how long I should plan on being there, are the dealers having mostly expensive coins or do they have a variety, etc
If you have been to this show in the past let me know what to expect
If you are going to be there let me know

Thanks
Frank Dallessio

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go - and all others who do attend - please provide a show report.... should be interesting times for bullion...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

I am just outside of New Orleans myself and have wondered the same things about these show.
    The way they are marketed they seem like smaller more high end type of event.
    If that is the case it is not for me but I don't know.
    Mercury

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be the size of an early 1950’s show, about 25-30 tables. PCGS bulk submitters there to drop coins for encapsulation with some inventory for inspection. A lower key event with ample time to interact with dealers who are usually uber busy at major shows. You will also meet collectors who come to express coins through the system. A quality breakfast and lunch is provided. You will also have access to a wonderful auction of high end coins by Legend Auctions.
    You will find it a positive experience if only for the opportunity to view the auction lots and impressive slab inventories.
    Hope to see you there!

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Like to add that Las Vegas has the same PCGS show the end of September.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file