Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just added a very nice Mercury Variety to my Variety Showcase......Ricko Approved.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased this in 1990 raw and it was in the group I just got back from PCGS. Thanks for looking and comments welcome. :)

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn’t it grade as a RPMM? Nice coin though

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice example!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@Kliao said:
    Why didn’t it grade as a RPMM? Nice coin though

Because it is a CONECA RPM that is not listed in the CPG and thus not in the PCGS Registry.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another luster bomb Jon... very nice... and gets a RickO sticker.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Did you know it was an RPM when you purchased it, or is this a bonus feature?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

Ummmmmm why was dimeman banned?

• Options

Is DIMEMAN actually banned or did he just change his avatar?

• Options

Holy Cow! Looks like he is actually banned! :o:#:|

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what the heck happened??

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Wow, what the heck happened??

Last one banned please turn out the lights.

• Options

Is there a reason?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's always a reason. ;)

Presumably it had nothing to do with this thread...

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    He was issued a warning which he did not follow and is thus temporarily banned. He will be back on Monday.

I guess he'll be having a long weekend then. :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    I think it's because people have trouble keeping political differences out of a coin forum.

Kinda scared to ask but, was he leaning left or right? :D

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 12:01PM

Um, it might need to be resized...

edited to add trying a smaller one

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimey and Roger?

The world is ending.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    Dimey and Roger?

The world is ending.

Pete

I assure you, it is not.

I, for one, appreciate the moderation of the boards. It's not perfect, but some moderation is far better than the previous lack of moderation.

That said, I do have one question: I seem to see two different type of...hmmm...status changes. When one member was recently on a time-out, I didn't see any "user banned" logo but the individuals comments didn't appear on the member's homepage. When I see the "user banned" logo like for Dimeman here, the comments are still visible. Are their 2 different "time outs"?

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@HeatherBoyd said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    Dimey and Roger?

The world is ending.

Pete

I assure you, it is not.

I, for one, appreciate the moderation of the boards. It's not perfect, but some moderation is far better than the previous lack of moderation.

That said, I do have one question: I seem to see two different type of...hmmm...status changes. When one member was recently on a time-out, I didn't see any "user banned" logo but the individuals comments didn't appear on the member's homepage. When I see the "user banned" logo like for Dimeman here, the comments are still visible. Are their 2 different "time outs"?

I've noticed this also and wonder the same thing.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 1:24PM

Someone said there is something called "Ghosting." The member can post and do other things but no one will see what he does. Kinda neat! it is like they are in their own world.

As a child, one of my favorite TV shows was "Topper." Two friendly ghosts were interacting with him and only he could see them. Sometimes they were visible on the TV and sometimes they were not but you could hear them talking to Topper when they were visible or not..

• Options
    edited September 18, 2019 1:31PM

@Insider2 said:
    Someone said there is something called "Ghosting." The member can post and do other things but no one will see what he does. Kinda neat! it is like they are in their own world.

As a child, one of my favorite TV shows was "Topper." Two friendly ghosts were interacting with him and only he could see them. Sometimes they were visible on the TV and sometimes they were not but you could hear them talking to Topper when they were visible or not..

Yes, there is someone who has been on this "ghost" status for months, and I wonder if he even knows.

I can see his name as the last poster on the thread summary page but his comments are not visible at all.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    :'( CAN EVERYONE SEE THIS POST?

Nope......you are on time out. :D

• Options

@TomB said:
    Nice! Did you know it was an RPM when you purchased it, or is this a bonus feature?

I knew it when I picked it on Ebay.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @DIMEMAN!

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to see you back here, Dimeman!

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you're back early! I thought your timeout was until Monday.

Nice to have you with us again.
    Lance.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2019 9:42PM

There should be “I survived” a ban badge. ;):)

Hmm... maybe not. Some may try to get the badge and over do it. :D

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad your back! You were like: Look what I just added and deleted at the same time :o
    Do you want to talk about it :D

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@Insider2 said:

Yes, there is someone who has been on this "ghost" status for months, and I wonder if he even knows.

I can see his name as the last poster on the thread summary page but his comments are not visible at all.

Did this ghosting thing ever get figured out? I've got a darksider friend this seems to be happening to.

• Options

@Stork said:

@JBK said:

@Insider2 said:

Did this ghosting thing ever get figured out? I've got a darksider friend this seems to be happening to.

The original ghost has since been unghosted. Not sure about your friend - if he posts and you can't see it, he has been ghosted. It is a penalty just under banning as far as I can tell.

(The above use of "ghosted" does not really mean what it means in the social media world, but it seems to work here).

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite threads to open 😊
    Another stellar dime buddy👌👌

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jon, Your eye for dimes is incredible. That is a blazer.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    TriPodBuffaloTriPodBuffalo Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Very nice dime.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file