Home Precious Metals

NEWP 1994 1/4 oz koala

KliaoKliao Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 16, 2019 8:05AM in Precious Metals

I picked up this 1/4 oz koala today for a small premium over melt. My first platinum piece!!! I can’t find much about the value of this. There is Only one other on eBay but that’s graded. What do you guys think?

eBay link for sale if interested http://www.ebay.com/itm/174031874188

Young Numismatist/collector
75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics

Comments

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ide say you picked it up for pretty decent price... It does look a bit scruffy so probably wouldn't grade. As far as resale value, put it out there and see if you get any bites, if not then you'll know it's a bit lofty of a price tag. Good luck and good going on your first PT coin!

It's all about what the people want...

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:
    Ide say you picked it up for pretty decent price... It does look a bit scruffy so probably wouldn't grade. As far as resale value, put it out there and see if you get any bites, if not then you'll know it's a bit lofty of a price tag. Good luck and good going on your first PT coin!

Thanks I was excited when I got this. I’ll probably keep it at that price unless the spot price goes up. I’m ok with keeping it

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being obviously cleaned it’s just bullion. It’ll sell for around and below melt. Pt spot needs to go up to make a profit then sell fast.

If Pd continues to stay elevated then auto/vehicle exhaust manufacturers may buy more Pt (it’s much less expensive right now) and increase demand therefore spot. Then there’s the sourcing issue for these PMs...

Good luck and have fun with the Pt.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

In that condition, it is just bullion... and expensive at that price. Cheers, RickO

@Hemispherical @ricko
    I all ready have interest in the coin on eBay so you never know.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad your enjoying PM.

Caution is advised to get them from reliable sources.

Many are made from a lot of countries. I have gotten some from Australia, Canada, UK, China, US, etc.

Have fun enjoy.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Platinum always has larger buy-sell spreads, so before you dive into platinum too deeply, I'd recommend that you either have an accumulation plan that won't affect your budget/cash flow, or a plan for an actual collection.

Either way, have a plan because when you eventually sell, you will need at least a 20% move upwards from here to feel good about it.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick up.

@asheland said:
    Nice pick up.

Thanks

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice score

@johnny9434 said:
    nice score

Thanks!