Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Prince Albert

One of my interests are medals produced by the Ottley firm in Birmingham, England. I usually avoid the base metals because they have not survived well. However, this particular is a wonderful example from Ottley.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, thanks for that. At first, I thought you were going to post one of those ghastly 2019 matte sovereigns with the Albert monogram!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Ah, thanks for that. At first, I thought you were going to post one of those ghastly 2019 matte sovereigns with the Albert monogram!

Uh oh, I haven't seen that one yet. Not sure I want to google it.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

A small monogram for Prince Albert on the reverse of the sovereign by the date. Similar to that done for Queen Victoria earlier this year. Both the wife and husband being born 200 years ago in 1819. Will appeal to some buyers. Limited mintages. Not a big deal. Victoria's cipher is probably the more elegant of the two.

• Options
    mamieopamamieopa Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

Engraved by Halliday, it shows the Queen Victoria and the Prince Consort for the birth of Prince Albert, future King Edward VII. My medal, but on sale at CGB, Paris

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:

I met Prince Albert of Monaco one time back in 1990.

A friend of mine in the US was very close to the Prince .

We visited Monaco going to the Grand Prix that year . Prince Albert took us to his “bachelor “ pad 😎

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phew, glad the picture was of something numismatic