Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

I’m looking to purchase “Alaska Mint” silver &/or gold coins

If anyone is looking to sell any silver and/or gold “Alaska Mint” or “Anchorage Mint” coins please text me a picture and price to 951-595-0131. Im open to single coins or entire collections if the price is right:). I’m looking to add to my family’s personal collection as we have long Alaskan roots so I’m biased towards Alaska Mint products:). Thanks, Bill

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

They are still in business so go google them. They even set up a shop in Waikiki Hawaii a few years back but shut it down after one year. I'm sure they have a shop/store in Alaska.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

@mkman123 said:
    They are still in business so go google them. They even set up a shop in Waikiki Hawaii a few years back but shut it down after one year. I'm sure they have a shop/store in Alaska.

I know they are still in business and I’m trying to work a deal with them directly, but I’m really looking to make an investment (which I have been for a couple years in their coins)...but I’m not a retail buyer/collector, so I’m just trying to get the word out if anyone has Alaska Mint coins come into their coin shop, estate sales business, etc or if someone wants to get rid of a collection of them they might have give me a chance to see if we can work out a deal! Looking to make some connections for quick and easy transaction for all parties involved.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @AlaskanSummers ! Palmer here. I've never been impressed with the AK Mint products so don't have any, not to say they aren't nice. Just not for everyone. A few Fur Rondy pins though. Good luck with your search, there are several Alaskans here on the CU Forums. :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    Welcome @AlaskanSummers ! Palmer here. I've never been impressed with the AK Mint products so don't have any, not to say they aren't nice. Just not for everyone. A few Fur Rondy pins though. Good luck with your search, there are several Alaskans here on the CU Forums. :)

Thanks AKbeez!

When I started buy a lot of silver & gold a few years ago I ran into the Alaska Mint products while up in AK for the summer and liked the various pictures and being a 4th generation Alaskan figured why not focus on something local. I don’t mind the art but they seem to tone very easy in the Mint provided casing/packaging which is a bummer but then it also keeps the cost down too (especially the older gold coin sets).

Any suggestions on other “Mints” to look into? As for the fur rondy pins, the big ones are cool, my grandpa left me an entire set and they aren’t easy to keep with each ones different shape and not good to stack.

If you come across a collection of AK Mint in town let me know:). We split our time between Soldotna & Palmer every summer.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate your homage to Alaska! Where from? IMHO the best private mint is the Moonlight Mint in Colorado. There are many others but Mr. Daniel Carr is becoming a very respected sculptor/minter in numismatic/exonomia circles. There is a dedicated site here in the main US Coin Forums. Many of his pieces have achieved acceptance from the US Mint for
    Statehood Quarters AND superior quality overstrikes. Cheers! :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

The AK mint coins are out there. I have not bought one in many years. I had a set from their first 92 through to about 02 plus a bunch of the iditarod and fur rendezvous coins. All with matching Artist proof serial numbers, except for the 92. I realized that I was paying $70/ounce of silver times three per year back when silver was only a few dollars. it got real expensive for what they were. Real pretty silver and I did like them. I really liked the annual designs. The price guides back then had these past editions worth a lot of money, I found a buyer at 50% guide and sold them. I took that money and turned it into a nice collectible silver coin from the 1800s. If I could find them near spot I would buy them again. At the store's retail prices they are not something I am pursuing. It all comes down to what makes you happy. Good luck with your hunt!

• Options

@Akbeez said:
    I appreciate your homage to Alaska! Where from? IMHO the best private mint is the Moonlight Mint in Colorado. There are many others but Mr. Daniel Carr is becoming a very respected sculptor/minter in numismatic/exonomia circles. There is a dedicated site here in the main US Coin Forums. Many of his pieces have achieved acceptance from the US Mint for
    Statehood Quarters AND superior quality overstrikes. Cheers! :)

Hello AKbeez, I was raised In soldotna right on the river:) so we spend a few weeks on the River every summer and then a couple weeks in Palmer (where my wife was born & raised). It makes for a great summer and the kids love it!

Thanks for the Mint to look into, I’ll definitely check it out!

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    The AK mint coins are out there. I have not bought one in many years. I had a set from their first 92 through to about 02 plus a bunch of the iditarod and fur rendezvous coins. All with matching Artist proof serial numbers, except for the 92. I realized that I was paying $70/ounce of silver times three per year back when silver was only a few dollars. it got real expensive for what they were. Real pretty silver and I did like them. I really liked the annual designs. The price guides back then had these past editions worth a lot of money, I found a buyer at 50% guide and sold them. I took that money and turned it into a nice collectible silver coin from the 1800s. If I could find them near spot I would buy them again. At the store's retail prices they are not something I am pursuing. It all comes down to what makes you happy. Good luck with your hunt!

Yeah I’m working hard to work something directly with the Mint as 5x spot for the artist proofs doesn’t work for me....although I do like that I have a complete set of very low # artist proofs from 1993-2013 in the annual medallion, idatrod & fur rondy (from their backdated years 1940-2013) and I would love to keep them all complete and continuing for years but they have to work with me and I’m not sure we are going to be able to work it out so I might have to sell my artist proofs to someone that wants to keep it going, but yeah I love their coins but I with you I’m a investment collector vs a collector, so price has to be close to spot for me to invest! But I love looking at all the ones I have:)

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

check your pms

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    Ryan584Ryan584 Posts: 2
    edited February 20, 2022 8:11AM

@AlaskanSummers Hey Bill I have some that I am looking to get rid of that I recently came across

• Options
    Ryan584Ryan584 Posts: 2
    edited February 20, 2022 8:11AM

@AlaskanSummers Sorry Bill should have been a little more specific. I have some proof silver 1 ounce medallions. You can email me if you'd like. Shadows0584@aol.com

Thanks Ryan