I didn't expect this: Rams 3 over Saints

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭
edited September 10, 2019 1:22PM in Sports Talk

brb need to log into Bovada and bet against my home team.

Goff looked like a rookie last week. Gurley's knee may not make it through the game.

Comments

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Saints will be down big until
    3/4 the way through the 3rd and then they will come back and win it. Teams refuse to put away the Saints, Houston should be embarrassed about last night

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭

    Last night's game was unbelievable.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Last night's game was unbelievable.

    It’s Saints Football. That’s why Brees will throw for probably 80,000 yards, he throws the entire 3rd and 4th quarter nearly every single game

  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Last night's game was unbelievable.

    for about 5 different reasons

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019 8:29PM

    i don't sit here and pretend to think that i know more than a coach in the NFL, but i'd like to think that i possess a lick of common sense. having said that, the play with 6 seconds left in the NO-Houston game is something i simply cannot comprehend.

    the Saints had time for one play and one play only: move the ball into Lutz's range. nothing less, nothing more. if they got cute and heaved the ball downfield, they risked running the clock out. so to anyone with even a fraction of a brain, it was going to be the quickest of passes, then a timeout.

    but what did the Texans do? they dropped 3 db's back 25 yards from the line of scrimmage. 25? really? for what freaking purpose? what exactly were they hoping to accomplish by doing that? think perhaps those 3 guys would have better been served being anywhere from 5-10 yards of the line of scrimmage instead of 25 to help defend a short pass that could very easily result in them losing the game?

    when teams do shit like that, they deserve to lose

    (btw, i like the Rams to cover over NO)

  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I hope the Saints beat the Rams like a drum! :s I even hope there is a bad no call involved! :) I'm still pi$$ed about last year and I'm not even a Saints fan. That no call PI was a total embarrassment to everyone. I still can't believe they allowed the Rams to move on in the playoffs. Total crap!!!!


    All Dimes All Varieties

    Coins for sale

    Canadian Dimes Set


    Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64


    >RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭

    If the Rams make it to the Super bowl again, I hope they can put more than 3 points on the board. A pathetic effort.

  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Sounds about right to me, given home field is usually worth 3 pts. Feels like a very close game to me, probably decided by a FG.

    Dave

    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭

    Drew Brees is out of this game with a hand injury.

  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 27,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DIMEMAN said:
    I hope the Saints beat the Rams like a drum! :s I even hope there is a bad no call involved! :) I'm still pi$$ed about last year and I'm not even a Saints fan. That no call PI was a total embarrassment to everyone. I still can't believe they allowed the Rams to move on in the playoffs. Total crap!!!!

    The zebras cheated the Saints out of a touchdown in this game. I’m starting to think that the NFL is in the tank for La-La Land.

    I suppose that the zebra who made the bad call last season is still a referee. He shouldn’t be.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭

    For me, this game was ruined when Drew Brees got injured. It was no longer a heavyweight vs heavyweight fight. It was more like a heavyweight vs middleweight fight.

  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2019 5:01PM

    @BillJones said:

    @DIMEMAN said:
    I hope the Saints beat the Rams like a drum! :s I even hope there is a bad no call involved! :) I'm still pi$$ed about last year and I'm not even a Saints fan. That no call PI was a total embarrassment to everyone. I still can't believe they allowed the Rams to move on in the playoffs. Total crap!!!!

    The zebras cheated the Saints out of a touchdown in this game. I’m starting to think that the NFL is in the tank for La-La Land.

    I suppose that the zebra who made the bad call last season is still a referee. He shouldn’t be.

    Glad to see it.

    Payback for Bountygate.

    Couldn't be more well deserved for these low life New Orleans thugs that purposely try to injure another player for money.

    Hope it lasts 5 more years.

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    Drew Brees is out of this game with a hand injury.

    They said after the injury he was "questionable". Never liked these cryptic messages in the NFL. Maybe has to do with re-aligning the point spread line for the second half. Either you are hurt and can't play or healthy and can play. BTW I will be "questionable" to report to work tomorrow. Works for NFL'ers.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Bree’s will probably be out for some time, they are hinting that it’s a major hand injury. After the hit he went over to pick up a football and immediately dropped it. If he is out then there will be a power shift with them out of it unless Bridgewater can string something together

Sign In or Register to comment.