Home Precious Metals

1847 Rogers Bros. Sets

Hi,

I recently received these 2 sets. Does anyone know a value? I am not sure if the sets are complete. Thought some might like to see them even if you can't help with information. I think they are pretty cool.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might be able to get some money on eBay from people that craft with them. The hassle is the shipping

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Bad thing is they are pretty but all Roger bros stuff is just plated. I have an 1847 set of silverware also and it's nice but nobody will give you anything for them.

COOKIES!

edited September 5, 2019 7:23PM

@BIGWEBB said:
    Bad thing is they are pretty but all Roger bros stuff is just plated. I have an 1847 set of silverware also and it's nice but nobody will give you anything for them.

Pretty much anything marked Rogers is plated

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Yeah I know but it is what it is. Unfortunately what it is isn't much. You know what I mean.

COOKIES!

@BIGWEBB said:
    Yeah I know but it is what it is. Unfortunately what it is isn't much. You know what I mean.

I did buy a set at a estate sale for $50 just because there were 6 teaspoons and 2 large serving spoons that were sterling. It worked out well because there was about $200 in silver value from the sterling

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double check each utensil for makers mark or fineness. If none then return them and get your money back.

IMO

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not bother with the silver plated items...Just the sterling...Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    I do not bother with the silver plated items...Just the sterling...Cheers, RickO

Sometimes I buy the plate so I can get the sterling that’s mixed in