Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof (19XE) SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, the humanity.
    And they may be selling early to our resident top buyer, prematurely,
    It takes bold huevos to set an early buying price here on the forum.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    if you try to order more than one on the same computer (different name, address, credit card) will they will see the iPO address and cancel your orders?

I don’t think they will go that far to enforce the 1 HHL. It’s still a sale for them and that is basically all they care about.

IF that was all they cared about, they would not have a HHL at all.

And they have canceled duplicate purchases when they catch them. I'm just not aware of them doing it by IP address...yet

This.

During last years Pd sales, late in the sales, dupes appeared to be cancelled.

If anyone cares to read through the 30+ pages to find it. :D

Now that was fun! Deals, deals, and deals everywhere!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m still interested what APMEX will offer

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 3:55AM

Probably the " Rare Bullion" Plans from the US Mint will play into future Values. Next year will there be some sort of 20th Anniversary Edition of the Sacagawea Dollar in 24 kt Gold ? Limit it to 20,000, and Coin People might forget about the Silver Eagles.

And how about an O , C, or CC, Mint-marked Siver Eagle in a 25,000 issue ?

This seems to be the pattern thats evolving from the Mint. Could we get a special D.C. Mintmark at the BEP? Just 1 or 2 Coin Presses would be all we need. They could charge Folks to strike their own D.C.Mintmarked - SAE. And set up a PCGS Table to accept the Coins for Slabbing.

This could inject new blood into the Coin Hobby. Damn, why haven't they done this allready?

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 3:40AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@7over8 said:
    Won’t be a grand initially at all—-there is a point in which most of your demand falls off.......500 bucks for a “just issued” silver eagle (and after the race to the bottom occurs on eBay) will most likely not happen within the next 12 months
    After which you are dependent on the available supply being in strong hands—-to see your price jump

Your analysis is based on the (mistaken?) belief that there aren't more than 30,000 ASE collectors

I never said there aren’t more than 30,000 ASE collectors, rather that they would be unwilling to pay more than 500 for this eagle.
    We will see where it lands once the flippers have their race to the bottom on eBay as what normally occurs.
    Not my first rodeo.

• Options

@7over8 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@7over8 said:
    Won’t be a grand initially at all—-there is a point in which most of your demand falls off.......500 bucks for a “just issued” silver eagle (and after the race to the bottom occurs on eBay) will most likely not happen within the next 12 months
    After which you are dependent on the available supply being in strong hands—-to see your price jump

Your analysis is based on the (mistaken?) belief that there aren't more than 30,000 ASE collectors

I never said there aren’t more than 30,000 ASE collectors, rather that they would be unwilling to pay more than 500 for this eagle.
    We will see where it lands once the flippers have their race to the bottom on eBay as what normally occurs.
    Not my first rodeo.

They might pay $500+ because they already are paying. $1k+ for the ‘95w proof!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7over8 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@7over8 said:

Not my first rodeo.

Nor mine. It is always a bit of guesswork early on. But I'm not the only dealer who feels this thing will be $500+ on the 15th of November. Now, we could be wrong. If Mr. Market decides to treat this as a one-off commem instead of a normal part of the ASE series, demand may be less than expected. But the existence of the 1995-W and the fact that this coin (intentionally?) undercuts that mintage raises the interest in this coin.

It's also worth considering that they sold 100,000 Pride of Two Nations for $140 with 1st day sales of more than double the mintage of this coin.

Time will tell. In the meantime, I haven't yet scraped up 10 coins even with my ridiculously high offer.

• Options

A couple guesses

Some are waiting for the secondary buy prices to go up...

Or, more likely, some want to get one for themselves then try to get another to flip.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    A couple guesses

Some are waiting for the secondary buy prices to go up...

Or, more likely, some want to get one for themselves then try to get another to flip.

Number 2 is me! ;)

• Options

I’ve seen offers on the forum for +$150, and +$500 for this coin. Anyone else have offers for this coin? They all look tempting. I still haven’t seen any of the big online dealers come out with any offers. Anyone see any?

• Options

@Kliao said:
    I’ve seen offers on the forum for +$150, and +$500 for this coin. Anyone else have offers for this coin? They all look tempting. I still haven’t seen any of the big online dealers come out with any offers. Anyone see any?

So far, I'm still the highest offer I've seen at $500. You won't likely see any offers above that because it needs to be $1000 coin before anyone will exceed that.

I've locked in a bunch of people at $500. I will now lock in anyone else who wants at $350. [$500 number stands for the 1st group, a promise is a promise.]

• Options

I like you style!

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

So far, I'm still the highest offer I've seen at $500. You won't likely see any offers above that because it needs to be $1000 coin before anyone will exceed that.

I've locked in a bunch of people at $500. I will now lock in anyone else who wants at $350. [$500 number stands for the 1st group, a promise is a promise.]

PM’d you. Best price there is so far.

• Options

Wonder if this issue will be available at the US Mint retail locations at Philadelphia, Denver, Wash DC?

• Options

@7over8 said:
    Wonder if this issue will be available at the US Mint retail locations at Philadelphia, Denver, Wash DC?

I'm curious as to how many they make available at either those sites or Baltimore. If they hold out 5000+, it'll really be tough on the 14th.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@7over8 said:

I'm curious as to how many they make available at either those sites or Baltimore. If they hold out 5000+, it'll really be tough on the 14th.

I hope they won’t have them in stock at the store so I have a higher chance of getting some

• Options

I also saw that the mint director will be hand signing the first 100 COA’s I wonder if that’s true

• Options

There’s always stock at/for the Mint stores. One of the primary reasons it takes forever to post “Soldout” vs “Unavailable” on the website... inventory management is questionable.

• Options

Damn these eBay "presales" are going nuts!

• Options

I saw auctions at $500!

• Options

If you look on the BST there is now another offer to buy at $275+

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't count your chickens.......... I've been fortunate enough to get my single coins on past hot issues but I am not feeling very certain about this one. I've never seen buyers make buy offers this early and I can only conclude many are getting their ducks in a row for multiple purchases. It's a $65 dollar coin everybody wants in. I've seen estimates of selling out in minutes. Can the mint really process 30,000 individual orders in minutes ? If they can their computers are much better than in the past. I'm going to be on my computer and my phone so if I lose internet or I'm in one of those thinking loops that seam to last forever I will go to my phone and see if that goes through. I'm expecting a few difficult internet minutes 11/14 @ 12pm et. and many stories of members who couldn't get through. I might be one of them.

• Options

I don’t own a shop or anything buy I do have many friends and family members that are gonna help me get more than one.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    I don’t own a shop or anything buy I do have many friends and family members that are gonna help me get more than one.

So do I but I don't let them do it for me. I don't make money off friends and family I give them the information and if they're fortunate enough to land one I tell them who to mail it to ( inform the buyer they're coming) and they make the money.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:

So do I but I don't let them do it for me. I don't make money off friends and family I give them the information and if they're fortunate enough to land one I tell them who to mail it to ( inform the buyer they're coming) and they make the money.

I pay them a fair amount. I tell them what it is, how much it is, how much I’ll be getting, and how much I’ll pay them any why. I don’t hide anything when it comes to money.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Don't count your chickens.......... I've been fortunate enough to get my single coins on past hot issues but I am not feeling very certain about this one. I've never seen buyers make buy offers this early and I can only conclude many are getting their ducks in a row for multiple purchases. It's a $65 dollar coin everybody wants in. I've seen estimates of selling out in minutes. Can the mint really process 30,000 individual orders in minutes ? If they can their computers are much better than in the past. I'm going to be on my computer and my phone so if I lose internet or I'm in one of those thinking loops that seam to last forever I will go to my phone and see if that goes through. I'm expecting a few difficult internet minutes 11/14 @ 12pm et. and many stories of members who couldn't get through. I might be one of them.

With the Mint those moments for certain issues (like this one) at 11 eastern is probably the most excitement anyone will get with the Mint. :D:)

If a dealer then the flip of making $ is some excitement, too.

And this is basically the last item on the Mint’s schedule of any major interest. IMO

• Options

@7over8 said:

I'm curious as to how many they make available at either those sites or Baltimore. If they hold out 5000+, it'll really be tough on the 14th.> @Kliao said:

If you look on the BST there is now another offer to buy at $275+

I'm still the highest bid at $350. I'm aware of one other at $325.

I'm hoping to be back at $500 by next week but I'm only guaranteeing new people $350 at this point.

I'm also fully prepared to end up with zero coins by next week. LOL.

• Options

Lol.

I’m still really surprised that the big companies like APMEX haven’t made a bid yet.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    Lol.

I’m still really surprised that the big companies like APMEX haven’t made a bid yet.

I'm really surprised there are any offers this early.

• Options

The next offer will be “I will beat anybody else’s offer”.
    That should accelerate things nicely.

• Options

Ok I offer $1000 over (kidding) what wants to beat it??? :D

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing pre-sales on Ebay for $1000 already. Optimistic or realistic amount to expect these eagles will bring?

• Options

I predict many sour deals made this week for a coin nobody owns until next week

• Options

Some dealers are sure they can get 5!

Here are the presale for NGC 70’s

And here are the most expensive single ones

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this talk of buying for the flip. Doesn't anyone actually want one of these?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    I predict many sour deals made this week for a coin nobody owns until next week

Yes. I never pre-sell or pre-buy for that reason.

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    All this talk of buying for the flip. Doesn't anyone actually want one of these?

Hopefully, at least 40,000 people who are too busy to be bothered at noon next Thursday.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2019 11:36AM

@ChrisH821 said:

I want one. But it will be nice if I can flip some

• Options

Buyer on BST @ $575. This is going to burn out. Remember the Kennedy gold ? Buyers going to day labor and hiring people to wait in line, insanity. Coin people are a strange breed.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

ON the road that day but will try to get one...probably slim to none chance

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone wanting to get more than one will likely need a second pair of hands since this will be a very quick sellout with a lot of computer glitches. Persistence also required. Don't plan to get more than one if you have multiple accounts. You will need multiple physical people ordering...

• Options

@jclovescoins said:
    Anyone wanting to get more than one will likely need a second pair of hands since this will be a very quick sellout with a lot of computer glitches. Persistence also required. Don't plan to get more than one if you have multiple accounts. You will need multiple physical people ordering...

I have a few people that Are willing to help me so no problem there.

• Options

@jclovescoins said:

Maybe, maybe not. I got 3 of the 2018 Palladium eagles doing all the ordering myself.

• Options

This is a 1 max per household. 30,000 orders of 1 each ahould last at least 6-10mins. I’m calling it at 10 mins. Fast fingers should be able to execute orders for 4-5 accts in 10 mins

• Options

Less than 10 mins, maybe 3-5 is my WAG for unavailable to pop.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7over8 said:
    This is a 1 max per household. 30,000 orders of 1 each ahould last at least 6-10mins. I’m calling it at 10 mins. Fast fingers should be able to execute orders for 4-5 accts in 10 mins

Very doubtful. The website will crash, meaning it will take 2-3 minutes for one order, would be my guess. Most fast fingers will only get one in before sellout, some possibly two.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:

Is it still generally agreed that household refers to CC/debit billing address?

• Options

@BAJJERFAN said:

@JimTyler said:

@Kliao said:

Is it still generally agreed that household refers to CC/debit billing address?

Seems to be shipping address. They don't seem to cross it with the CC billing addresss.

• Options

2015 Platinums at 5,000 available 1 per HH if I recall was about 10 mins
    That is a much higher price point and much lower collector base.
    Truman C&C was probably about 6 minutes or more but 2 per HH and 25,000? Max
    This will be a full 30,000 orders. I stand by my 10 mins + and no crash of ordering system
    Just my opinion

• Options

@7over8 said:
    2015 Platinums at 5,000 available 1 per HH if I recall was about 10 mins
    That is a much higher price point and much lower collector base.
    Truman C&C was probably about 6 minutes or more but 2 per HH and 25,000? Max
    This will be a full 30,000 orders. I stand by my 10 mins + and no crash of ordering system
    Just my opinion

Do you mean " if " no crash or " and " no crash. You're that confident they will handle 30k orders in 10 minutes no crash ? I actually hope you are right since I'll be on at 12et and if you're right I'll get one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file