Home Precious Metals

went by the local B&M.

2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

nice store, good inventory.

the only thing I think is tough is no exemption on bullion/coins for sale tax. I bought a little to give him some business but its would be difficult to deal with regularly with such tight margins in precious metals.

metal + $25 or whatever, + 9.25% sales tax...

I guess they make it on the buy side? would make me less inclined to dispose of items locally.

I wish them well, but damn that makes a difficult business even more challenging.

anyways newps.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

9.25?

What state do I need to avoid?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

The lower the metal weight on those ingots, the bigger the premium over spot. Same for modern bullion coins.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019 3:22PM

@2ltdjorn said:
    nice store, good inventory.

the only thing I think is tough is no exemption on bullion/coins for sale tax. I bought a little to give him some business but its would be difficult to deal with regularly with such tight margins in precious metals.

metal + $25 or whatever, + 9.25% sales tax...

I guess they make it on the buy side? would make me less inclined to dispose of items locally.

I wish them well, but damn that makes a difficult business even more challenging.

anyways newps.

That is kind of you and sad you both live in a state where they can tax the sale of Bullion I would think it would be hard to sell bullion there. So how do you avoid paying sale tax of bullion when you want it cross state line or have a connection there. when I would make small purchases I would always support our local shop when I wanted to make a larger purchase such as 3000 oz of silver it would cost me a $100 in gas and a long 24 hour trip there and back but I would get it at spot and I would buy 5000 oz or more I made two trips one at the end of 2015 and one in the first of 2016 since then just my local shop for small stuff now that silver is up his store is busy again and I do not buy at these levels so it works out for the both of us.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019 4:43PM

Join the commonwealth. Tax free on the purchase of real money.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Indeed, 0% in Pennsylvania is sweet.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think those states taxing coins and bullion are in the minority.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

NC is tax free on bullion, coins and currency.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

just find a seller willing to not give make out a receipt if you pay cash .

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2ltdjorn said:
    plus side is I got to take the boys to the 24/7 bank.

they passed security, signed in and located the box w/o issues.

latst pic is my set of New Orleans gold dollars. need upgrade of 1851 and 1855.

JUST ADORABLE PICTURE

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales tax on coins just bugs me (Stronger terms mentally).... So far, I have avoided it...Various venues are available (BST, online sites, other forum sales)... I will continue to resist this... even though it has, and will, cause me to miss some deals. Cheers, RickO

• ARCOARCO Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 10:01AM

The government is going to steal your money via theft by inflation or sales taxes if you try to get out of the monopoly fiat system. It is obvious that not a single person in this state government has owned as much as a single silver dime.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

What Commonwealth is tax free on "real money"?