Home Metal Detecting
Options

Say hello to the twins.

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a flat area in some old growth woods with lots of fresh water oyster shells up above the Delaware river. 6 IHC's are soaking but twin 1901 dimes greeted me separately at 4". Liberty visible on both is a real bonus. Got stung 3 times by ground wasps but it was worth it. Happy holiday to everyone. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds Roy....Old silver and IHC's... Do you think it was a dump site for a restaurant? Might explain the coins as well...just an idea. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

nice looking twins.

• Options

@ricko I don't think a dump, more like an old al fresco picnic area where the oyster shells were dropped where people ate and drank. The ground has no modern trash, not a pulltab or bottle cap and no nails. What a pleasure. IHC's were all at 2" , the dimes a little deeper. At least I know where the wasp nest is, cause I'm going back tomorrow. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@ricko IHC dates so far are 1865 plain 5,1882 obv longacre dbl, 1888 1893 1894 1904. Liberty clear on 4 out of 6. More to come. Have a good day.

• Options

Thanks Roy.... Nice finds. IHC's were my first collecting coins... always liked them... and used to get them in change when I was a paper boy - yeah, I am getting old... :D but still spry and sharp. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko Good morning. Here's my haul of IHCs and the 1909 vdb. Raining today so ground signature shall be great tomorrow. Peace Roy

• Options

Very nice Roy...and you did a great job removing the dirt/gunk....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko went back to the woods, the ground wasps were there so I dug less aggressively, they bumped me a few times but no stinging. 10 IHCs and 3 wheaties are soaking and four silver dimes in a spill. The 1903 Barber has full Liberty and the 1918-D Merc is nice also. It's gonna be a good Sept. Peace Roy

• Options

Be careful around those wasps, they can make a good day bad in a hurry. That being said, that area is sure producing... Silver and IHC's and wheaties... Nice haul...Maybe the cooler weather will calm the bees down...I think perhaps you have yet to hit the big stuff there...Good luck, Cheers, RickO